Chapter 17

I couldn't breathe as the pudgy mafia boss walked away with his men in tow. Kill Boss? What kind of person did this guy think I was?

I'm a temptress, not a killer.

I set my glass down, grabbed the packet and walked back to the girls completely unsure of how to process what I just heard.

"Sophie? Are you okay? Those looked like scary mob guys." Nothing got past them. I sat back onto my towel and put my knees up to my chest, resting my head on my knees. Kaitlyn and Lexi took up either side of me on their own respective towels and put their arms around me, the packet still in my hand but words hidden from public view.

"What's that?" Kaitlyn asked and I pushed it under my legs and flattened them out so that they wouldn't reach for it.

"He was a business man that my Boss works with. He was giving me some information to give to him when I see him again." Lies flowed freely from my lips. I was used to them by now, my friends protected by the lies I told. If they knew about the group then Boss might threaten them as well and make them do unspeakable things like I did.

"Then why didn't he just give them to your boss instead of you?" I shrugged and in an attempt to lighten the mood, I reached down and folded the packet up and shoved it into my wallet.

"No more gloom. Let's hit the water and have fun. We are on vacation aren't we?" They gave me weak smiles and stood, the three of us running for the water but moving ever so slowly in as it was freezing compared to the heated day. With splashes we all dove in to quickly adjust, breaking the water like dolphins and squeaked at the frigged temperatures.

The afternoon was spent having fun and chatting while swimming back and forth amongst the throng of people who only increased as the day grew on. After about two hours of chatting in the water we went back to our room for lunch, ordering a pizza from the hotel's list of local shops and changed into more comfortable wear. While changing, I had put the papers from earlier into the bottom of my suitcase in a flap that wasn't easy to detect and went back to trying to forget what I had been asked to do.

I don't know how Mr. Mario expected me to kill Boss seeing as how my feelings toward him would never allow for me to even do such a thing. Taking a person's life sits with you forever. Nothing can wash that stain off of your soul. Tattoos you can laser off. Death... that is permanent.

The pizza took little time to arrive but when it did we chowed down and chatted about the guys down at the beach. There were few who were agreeable visibly while we had swam but they were obviously taken by gorgeous women much prettier than even myself.

"Tonight I say we go out somewhere to party and meet guys. Say like a bar. Kaitlyn and I had no luck last night finding any. Some creeps but no one hot enough to meet our standards." Lexi bit into her second piece and Kaitlyn reached for her third.

"I like it. Should we make it a game then? Find a guy and bring them back here. First one to get laid wins?" Kaitlyn shrugged. She didn't seem the kind to do such a thing but it was vacation. All bets are off when abroad.

"Or if not laid then kissed? And it can't just be you grab a guy and kiss him. You have to seduce him and have him make the first move." My words seemed to convince Kaitlyn and Lexi and we all shared a devious look of competition.

"Oh I'm so going to win," Lexi boasted after another bite and took a sip of water.

"We shall see"

---Later That Night---

Since the night before had been all business, this night was going to be for pleasure. And with any hope maybe my own. Ever since Mr. Mario's appearance on the beach, my brain had been running over and over about what I should do.