Chapter 30 Epilogue

Three Years Later

I awoke to the bright rays of dawn in my eyes and meowing in my ears. I hadn't wanted to wake this early since I had had a long night at the club for he holidays. With Christmas around the corner, everyone was eager to take their dates out to the club to watch the rising star Seraphine perform. It was so crazy that Pam had to bump me up to every half hour for the holiday season. Since it had been almost five years of working there, she knew I was good for it.

Perse and Donnie climbed over me demanding food and I reached over for the body I knew was yet to awaken.

"Alexander, your turn to feed them." Boss's groan at being woke up made me grin. We were both still naked and his house tended to get cold so I didn't want to leave the bed.

"I did it last night," he tried to reason and I rolled onto my side.

"No, I did. Chicken parmesan dinner and I fed the cats. Your turn for breakfast." He groaned again and encircled me with his arms, his body pressing against mine in a really nice way that made me wonder if he wanted to even leave the bed for the day.

"I don't wanna. I just want to hold you." Perse and Donnie meowed upsettably at our blatant disregard of their eating schedule and tried even harder to get us up, even going as far as to step on Boss's head.

"You heard the man. Time to get up." Reluctantly we both climbed out of bed, going to the closet for robes that barely covered down to our knees. I tied mine carefully around my waist and walked down to the kitchen behind the man of my dreams and the cats now apparently faster than a bullet. I sat on the couch as he prepared not just food for the cats but also for us and relaxed, running my hand absently over my engorged belly.

"I still think Seraphine would be a fine name." His grunt could be heard over the sound of cooking.

"And I say that it is too on the nose. Will simply not do." Since he found out that we were expecting, he wanted more than anything for it to be a boy but Doctor Gaffigan let us know in the past appointment that it was to be a girl.

"What then? Nothing too crazy please." He brought a plate of eggs and bacon over to me along with some orange juice and my prenatal pill.

"What if we name her after my mom?" I glared at him for a moment before taking the pill and washing it down with the orange liquid.

"Delores is not what I want to name our child. Something modern please." He went back to making his own food and left me to eat on my own, the food disappearing quickly since I was eating for two.

"Havana?" I liked the ring to it but I shook my head as the past glanced at me like a shadow. The Brazilian mafia had indeed come back for revenge even after Boss had gotten them to concede before but with some work by everyone in the organization, it was taken care of in less than six months. And during the entire thing Boss had wanted to hide me away but I had been on the front lines fighting alongside my brothers in arms.

"Cute but no. Maybe Delilah." It was a sweet name and was strong enough for the little girl it would belong to.

"I like it. Let's write that one down as a maybe." I made the mental note to do that later and was grateful that it was my day off so that I could relax a bit.

"Don't forget that everyone is coming over for game night." I just finished the bacon and set the plate down on the coffee table in front of me when I sighed dramatically.

"I suppose it is that day of the week. Alright. Do we have to call someone over to watch the kids? Last time Lexi and Jonah's little boy managed to find a permanent marker and draw all over the bathroom wall. And Sadie and her Johnathan's daughter used her poop as a paint medium. I still can't walk into that bathroom without throwing up." He chuckled and came in and sat next to me, eating his food as he thought on it. I reached for a piece of his bacon and munched happily on it as he grumbled about me stealing his food.

"I think we will manage." I still couldn't believe that we were this in love. I glanced down to my left hand and fiddled with the ring that sat on it, content for this part of my dream to be a reality.

"Any word from the south or the east? I heard from Jesse and Josh that there have been some fights here and there." Boss shook his head.

"Nothing that a talk with their leaders can't handle. Care to join me?" I grinned devilishly.

"Only if I can scare them." My love grinned right back and rolled his eyes.

"Fine."