Chapter 14

KAI's POV

"Xavier says he has a few allies which is surprising because I wouldn't say he has the best people skills." Jonathan chuckles and pours me a little more rum.

"I'm sure it must be hard for him to get anyone to even speak with him." That's true. Most packs are hostile towards rogues, for the right reasons. Luckily, with our Alpha blood, it is easier for some members to believe us when we explain why we are rogues.

"Well it certainly took a lot of persuading for some, but we are lucky enough that some packs sympathize for other wolves who have been wrongfully outcasted. Once Xavier was able to explain our story, and make a few deals, he was able to gain some sturdy allies."

"Well, cheers to that!" Jonathan and I cheers, finishing of our drinks and watching the football game.

By the time the football game is over, the sun is setting and the girls' laughter grows louder. As another set of squeals and laughter echoes through the house, Jonathan and I look at each other and shake our heads.

"I should head home. I'm sure our girls are passing the points of being slap happy."

As we make our way downstairs my eyes meet with a war zone which has unfolded in the toy room. Stuffed animals and plastic food spread across the floor as if a toy shop exploded in here. I've never seen a bigger mess and I shared a bedroom with Xavier when we were in high school.

"Princess!" I look around the room, trying to find my beautiful mate. Silence follows my call making me furrow my eyebrows. They were here a second ago? I could hear their ruckus from upstairs...

Jonathan makes his way down the last step and grumbles under his breath. Something along the lines of how he should've locked away half the shit that's currently littering the floor.

Out of nowhere a war cry erupts from behind the couch and my mate come flying with a bowl of mini stuffies in her hand. They fly though the air, and more stuffies fly from the opposite of the room. Olivia squeals, and tries to take cover behind us.

"No fair Cap! You can't take refuge in Switzerland!" Wait what?

Olivia sticks out her tongue and they both laugh.

"Okay girlies, time to clean up. Addison's gotta head home." Both girls groan, but stop at the look Jonathan and I give them. Olivia gets to cleaning but Addison looks at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Can't we stay a little bit longer? I was just about to prove that team Iron Man is wayyy better then Team Captain America."

Olivia scoffs, "Our battle was a tie! It's not my fault I ran out of ammo..."

Addison sticks out her tongue and giggles. "No princess, it's almost bedtime. And we need to call Xavier before he falls asleep."

A whine slips her lips making me tense. I really don't want to deal with a tantrum right now. I only have a few more days then she can go berserk all she wants. But I really want Xavier to be here for that. The thought of both of us punishing her ass till it's pink makes my wolf growl in content.

"Princess..." She instantly freezes at my tone, "If you hurry now, I'll help you pick up."

The walk home is silent, my little girl dozing off in my arms. Suddenly a groan escapes her lips making my eyes snap to hers, "I... don't feel so good daddy..." She curls into a ball, the best she can with me holding her.

"Shit.. Okay baby, we're almost home yeah?"

She only grumbles, nodding her head to let me know she's heard me. Did she eat something bad? No we all ate the same thing and I feel fine. Is it the mate bond? Have I not been enough to keep her health at bay? Have we waited too long to mark her?

Worry washes over me, but I try my hardest to push it away as I carry her inside. I rush upstairs and lay her on the bed. She whimpers when I leave her side, but I need to get her a warm washcloth to hopefully help her tummy.

"Here, baby, put this on your tummy okay?" She lifts her shirt, letting me place it on her stomach, then curls back into a ball. Before I know it she runs to the bathroom beelining to the toilet. Bright blue and green swirl the bowl making me sigh. Well at least now I have an idea as to why her stomach hurt.

My phone rings and I answer it with one hand, trying to hold her hair up with my other hand, "Kai... just thought I should warn you. I found a handful of candy bags stuffed between the couch cushions. I'm guessing my little stinker snuck too many sweets and goodies. She's starting to have tummy aches."

I groan out a chuckle, hearing Olivia whine on the other end. "Thanks Jonathan, I kinda figured. Addie's not doing to hot either. At least I know for sure now."

"Sorry 'bout that. I should've made a sweep to make sure she didn't pull a stunt like that."

"No, not your fault Jonathan, they know better than to do that." I softly tug Addison's hair making her look at me bashfully. We say our goodbyes, and by the time I hang up, Addison seems to have gotten most of the junk food out of her system.

I help her brush her teeth in silence and I can feel the tension radiating off her. She's in trouble and she knows it. I sit her on the bed and kneel to look at her.

"Princess, you know you're not supposed to have sweets without permission. Especially as much as you did..." she looks at me with sad eyes and nods, "For punishment you will sit here and think about the consequences of your actions while I say goodnight to Xavier."

She looks at me with wide eyes knowing what I'm saying. Tears fill her eyes at the thought of not being able to say goodnight to Xavier, "But Daddy-"

"No buts princess. You broke the rules and this is your punishment." My voice is stern making her shrink. "I'll be back soon, then we can cuddle before bed."

I leave the room trying my hardest to ignore my little girl's sniffles.

"Hey Kai. How was the playdate?" I shrug saying it was fine and his looks at me confused, "Where's Addison?"

"She's not feeling good. Her and Olivia decided to go ham on her hidden stash of sweets and junk food."

He growls and sighs, "Is she okay?"

I nod and the sighs in relief, "Did you punish her?"

"Yes, Xavier. She's in time out and she doesn't get to join the call tonight."

"Oh so I get punished too?" His face shows me he's partially joking, but I know he's not a fan of not being able to see her either.

"What was I supposed to do, hm?"

His eyes go dark, "How about bring her ass out here so I can watch you turn it pink." My own wolf purrs in approval of that idea. Of seeing her squirm in my lap every time my palm makes contact with her round bum.

"Her actions were more of a strike one offense, not needing a punishment like that and you know it." I smirk, trying to hide the tent forming in my pants. Xavier only groans, saying something along the lines how fun it could've been.

"Well I'll let you get back to her then. Tell her I said hi, and that I hope she learns from tonight so I won't have to miss her the next time I call." And with that we say our goodbyes, and I make my way to cuddle my precious mate for the night. 

*  *  *

Hi my lovelies!

I hope you are all enjoying the book so far! As we make our way to the more exciting parts of the plotline I had planned... I wanted to know what you thought about it soo far.

What would you want to see more of?

More playdates with Olivia?

More cute scenes with Kai and Xavier? Maybe a date?

More playtime with Kai and Xavier? ;) 

Should more happen with Addison in little space?

Any other suggestions?

Also how many of my amazing readers are littles? 

Thanks again for reading. Love you all!