Chapter 17

I can hear their footsteps pound up the stairs. Well now what? I didn't think this through very well. Kai enters first with a worried expression on his face.

"Is everything okay in here?"

Uhhh... I nod 'yes' quickly before I can even think about what I was doing. Kai looks at me strangely then at the other two girls who are sitting on the floor with wide eyes.

"Okay... Um, maybe it's time Addie and I went home. Xavier is coming home in a soon, so I should get her home to get some sleep so tomorrow we can clean the house and get ready for his arrival.

Jonathan agrees, and I can feel Delilah's judgmental stare burning through the side of my face. Clearly that wasn't enough to prove I'm not a goody two shoes. Okay Addison think, think. Think of every rule in the rulebook, which one can I break first?

"No." I blurt it out so fast, almost unsure of myself. This one forbidden words gets everyone's attention.

"What?" Kai gives me his full attention and I feel myself falling deep into little space.

I stomp over to where the girls are and sit down, "I not leaving."

I keep a straight composure to show my defiance and I can feel the rage slowly flow from Kai.

"Okay little girl you must be wayyy too tired, let's go." He gestures his hand out for me to take, but I don't take it, "Addie, I said it's time to go home."

I grab a doll from our pile and start to comb her already untangled hair.

"Addison, I am not going to ask you again little girl." The dominance seeps through his voice and I know I'm pushing it, but I don't care anymore.

I hum, ignoring his words, "That's it you're going in time ou-"

"No!" he pulls me up from the floor, but I yank my hand away, and drop my doll in the process. He made me drop the pretty doll... and I just combed her hair! Kai reaches for my hand again and I don't even think before I slap his hand away.

Olivia and Delilah's gasps are heard from behind me, and the look on Kai's face tells me I've pushed it way too far.

One minute I'm looking at Kai's enraged face, and the next I'm upside down, staring at his butt. Everything around me is going so fast I can barely process it. I can't hear a word Kai is saying as I look up at Delilah's smirking face. Bitch...

I screamed and kicked the whole car ride home. I was becoming desperate knowing that doom was waiting for me at home. Kai dodged my kicks as he carried me out of the car and towards the house. I kicked and pounded on his back. Everything was blurry from my angry tears. I never should've listened to Delilah, now I'm gonna die!

A firm swat comes down on my butt quieting me instantly. Kai carries me inside and rushes me upstairs to our bedroom. He tosses me on the bed and stands over me fuming.

"Addison Taylor, you have really done it this time." If I wasn't in such deep shit I'd be enjoying the wetness that was forming between my legs.

"What were you thinking?" Kai pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs in disappointment as I sit in silence trying to control my breathing from my fit. "You were playing so nicely and then you just turned so quickly. I know I've been lenient on your behavior since Xavier's gone but I never thought you do such a thing in front of our friends."

I can feel tears wanting to surface, and I know what to do. I stand and get ready to go sit on a chair for timeout.

"Where are you going?" Kai's tone is too calm for comfort making me second guess myself.