Off on a bear ride

(Y/N Point of View) 

For the remainder of the journey, I kept spending as much time as I could with Lyra and Tony. Lyra was such an interesting girl to talk to. As was Tony. I even started interacting with his mother Maggie a bit. She was a lovely lady. It was heartbreaking to learn that her youngest son Billy was one of the few children taken by the child snatchers which Lyra named the Gobblers. 

The word 'Gobblers' made me laugh so much. 

"What's so funny?" Tony asked. 

"It makes it sound like they're people who gobble up things," I sniggered so hard that I felt I was laughing my head off. 

Aster gave out squeaky giggles. I paused when I noticed Lyra giving me a look. Quickly I apologised. She was an easy person to apologise to. 

As the day turned to dark and the aurora replaced the clouds in the sky, we set up camp near some mountain cliffs. Our guide, the daemon who happened to belonged to the witch queen Serafina Pekala, swooped down to see council with Lyra. 

Sitting nearby, I was tantalised to hear that although imprisoned, Lyra's father Asriel was still allowed to continue his experiments. Kaisa then took off into the dark of the night. I pulled out my journal from my shoulder bag and I began writing in it. 

I talked about meeting Lyra again, meeting Iorek for the first time, meeting a band of Gyptians banding together to fight the Magisterium to rescue children. The feeling of being on an actual adventure was thrilling. 

For a long time I always dreamed of going on a real adventure. And here I am in the company of Gyptians preparing to fight to rescue their children and aiding a special girl, who was already become a fast friend. Lyra was something special. Sometimes I wished I could be just like here. But I just wasn't that kind of girl. 

"Lyra sure is something..." Aster whispered in my ear. 

"She sure is" I agreed. "Sometimes I wish I could be just like her,"

"Do you think your mum would have liked her?"

I looked at him. "I think she would,"

Just when we were both beginning to have just a moment to ourselves...it got interrupted by my dad's constant calls. I huffed. Why does he have to keep a constant watch over me? 

(Lyra P.O.V)

I laid down on my stomach quietly as I watched Farder Coram walking up onto the cliff. I wondered how he would feel meeting Serafina Pekala again...after forty years. I wished I could go up there and meet her too...but they needed to be alone. 

My focus was switched to (Y/N) as I watched her walking away to her dad. I was beginning to find Lee Scoresby's voice annoying as well. Every time she walked away for just even a moment, he always had to call out for her to not leave his sight. Why could he not see that she was capable? 

"I'm goanna go and talk with (Y/N)" I said to Ma Costa. 

"Okay. I'll start cooking dinner," she said. I stood up. And with Pan trodding beside me in the form a pine-martin we made our way through the camp to follow (Y/N). 

"Lyra...how do we convince John Faa to let us go? Even if (Y/N) does convince Iorek to take you, we still have to get him John Faa's position,"

"We're figure it out Pan. Maybe he might have thought about what I said and changed his mind,"

"Dad...why do you always have to make a fuss about what I do?!" (Y/N)'s voice rung in my ears. This did not sound good. I looked past a tent and saw (Y/N) in yet another brutal argument with her father.