Off to another World

(Lyra P.O.V) 

Last night I had dreamed of Roger. I missed him so much. When I woke up, I rubbed the tears from my eyes. I couldn't keep crying like this. I have to keep going. For Roger. And for (Y/N) too. I couldn't stand having her with whilst she was separated from her father. Unknowst to her I had blamed myself for quite a long time for all the circumstances that had befallen upon her and her father the moment I met them. I just hoped that Lee was safe and that he knew we were alright. And Iorek and Iera too. I thought about them so much. How I wished they were with us right now. 

"Lyra," Pan said. 

"What is it Pan?"

He cocked his head towards (Y/N). She was shaking in her sleep. She was muttering words like 'No. Save yourself. You got a family to get back too...' 

Anxious, I stepped out of bed and stepped forward very quietly. Aster, who was prodding his furry face against (Y/N)'s in the form of a weasel, noticed me. "Help her Lyra! Please!"

I rushed forward quickly and pressed my hands onto (Y/N)'s shoulders. "(Y/N!) Wake up! Wake up!"

Suddenly she sat up, breathing heavily, she pressed her hand to her chest. Tears were flooding her face. 

"Are you okay?" I hugged her close, feeling her deep breathing against my chest. 

"I'm fine," 

I pulled back. "Are you sure?"

She nodded. Before I could ask another question, she swiped her feet out of bed and stood up. "Let's have some breakfast before we head out like Will said," she waddled away downstairs. I knew she didn't want to talk about it. I was going to ask her later. 

We fried some eggs and managed to find some cereal and milk that was just in date. It felt great to have a good breakfast. We made Will some too. By the time our new guide had pounded his way down the noisy steps, we had finished and his morning meal was still waiting. 

"Thought you might be hungry," (Y/N) offered. 

Will came over and sat next to her. "Thanks," he began munching. 

In less than two minutes, he had stuffed everything down. 

"Okay. If we're going to do this, you two need to dress casually. There's a clothes shop just across the street," Will pointed outside the door towards a tailor's shop. "There's plenty of stuff for you two to wear,"

Excitedly I pulled (Y/N)'s hand and we sped off into the shop. Looking inside and then upwards, we saw shirts and dresses and skirts and...

"So many clothes," I breathed. "What could we wear?" 

"I have an idea," (Y/N) said. "Let's play a game called: Who can dress the best?"

"I like the sound that," 

"My grandmother and I used to play it all the time when I was a kid. She always said I dressed better than her," 

We both giggled. 

(Y/N Scoresby) 

For nearly half an hour, 

"Are you two dressing?" Will called up. 

"Yes!" I answered back. 

"Okay. I'll take you two as far as the broad, then I've got to see my mum's lawyer," 

"Got it," I said back. "Lyra and I can handle ourselves. Right?" 

"Yep," she stepped out in a striped cape. "What do you think?"