Heading off again

(Third Point of View) 

In Lyra and (Y/N)'s world, in a far away land, in a lonely hut in the middle of the wilderness, a hooded shaman sat just outside his hut holding up a toy rabbit. He stroked it tenderly, thinking of the girl whose life he had saved four years ago. 

Holding it up and rubbing his tattooed fingers over its head, he chanted: "Lee Scoresby. I call yee. And declare yee now. Come to me. Come to the item which belongs to your child. Return. Return. Return,"

His voiced echoed across the land, over the leaves and across the river and into the sky. The winds caught his voice. Feeling the power surging from its speaker, the wind speed quickened. 

Lee, Hester and Iera were taking a well-deserved nap in Lee's balloon. They had spent the past few days searching for Gruman so he could help the girls that they cared about. But there was no sign of this person. 

The journal of Lee's beloved wife had somehow no accurate location as to where to find him. Reading it had reopened a hole in Lee's fragile heart. Reading his wife's beautiful writing had brought him grief so much but he knew he had to fight those emotions in order to do what's right for their daughter and the girl who his child loved like a sister. 

Hester was dreaming about Aster when she suddenly felt a power force rocking the ballon. She woke up. 

"Lee we're moving," she hopped down from her seat to join him. "The wind is a-whistling! Lee! Iera! Wake up!"

Iera woke up. "I do not like being woken up,"

"Forget about your rest! We're moving!" Hester shouted. 

"Mmm?" Lee's eyes enlarged. "I was just having a lovely dream,"

"Lee! Your daemon is right. We are moving faster," Iera notified. "This is the first time in a while that the winds have been on our side since Bolvanger!" 

Lee sat up and rubbed his eyes, regretfully discarding the dreams of his wife who he would give anything to kiss. 

Hester poked over the edge. "That's weird. We weren't heading for Yenisei," 

Lee stood up and look out to the land below. There was a small town with smokey chimneys and a long river right in front of it. "Looks like the kind of place a famous explorer might wind up,"

"That's what you said about the last three towns," Hester whined. 

"Hey. Meera's journal held those locations. I remember this town was in one of them. We must keep searching. Cause if we don't..."

Hester looked up to him. 

"Then she died for nothing. And I can't have that," Lee pushed a lever down. "We're on our way Mr. Gruman,"

"I would suggest landing on the outskirts of town," Iera advised. 

"I will do just that," Lee said. "And Iera...I believe it would be best if you stayed inside the balloon,"

"I promised to keep you safe,"

"I doubt the locals would take kindly to a bear being here. And with the Magisterium becoming more and more power-hungry by the minute...it won't be safe. I just want to keep you safe. Do it for Iorek," he implored. 

Iera went into deep thought thinking about the bear who she loved. "Very well. But if you are in danger and you do not come back soon, your captors will pay,"

"That - seems fair," Lee had no choice but to agree. 

(Lyra's P.O.V)

I woke up a little early the next morning. I rubbed my eyes. I ushered Pan to get up, remembering my promise to Malone. I was about to move when I saw (Y/N) across the room. Her body was shaking and she was tossing her head from side to side on her pillow. She was having another nightmare.