Tulio

Third Point of View:

(Y/N) sat up, rising from her pillow. She stretched her arms. She hadn't slept much last night. She had been too busy pondering on her lingering to be with her father again. She wondered what he was doing right now. Most likely searching for her and Lyra. She prayed he was safe somehow. 

Aster purred in his snow leopard form, turning into a snow owl to settle on her knee under the blanket. "I miss him too (Y/N). But we'll be with him soon,"

"I hope so. I hope Iera is with him. Or Iorek. Or Serafina," 

"What else are you thinking about?" 

"I can't help but think...what if what happened that day in Texas to my grandmother was because of me?" 

"(Y/N). What happened that day wasn't your fault. She wouldn't want you to blame yourself," 

As they spoke, (Y/N) noticed that more of her hair was silver than ever. To make matters worse, her fingertips were turning silver too and silver markings like henna were spreading from her skin. "I'm a freak Aster,"

"Don't say that," he begged. "Just don't," 

Stepping out of bed, she went over to the sink and tried washing her hands hoping her hands would be normal again. Nothing changed. She felt like she was changing like she wasn't the same girl she was back in Trollesund. Her eyes watered and she cried into the sink. 

Footsteps approached behind her. In his owl form, perching on the mirror, Aster saw it was Lyra and Pan in his red panda form. Lyra pursed her lips, despondent seeing (Y/N) so upset. She went over to her. "Don't cry (Y/N). Everything's gonna be okay,"

"What I'll never be normal again, Lyra?" 

"Don't talk like that," Lyra turned her around so she could look at her. "You don't have to come with me to distract Latrum,"

"No. We're sticking together," 

"There's something I meant to give you," Lyra reached into her pocket and pulled out the picture of (Y/N) and her parents together. Tears fell from her eyes and fell onto their faces. "I'm sorry I didn't give this to you before. I meant to but then..."

(Y/N) threw her arms around Lyra. "Thank you, Lyra," Lyra hugged her back. 

Loud, creaking footsteps made them turn around to see (M/C) coming up to them. "Morning girls. I brought some eggs," he offered them plates. They sat down together. 

"How's Will?" asked (Y/N). 

"He's still asleep. I thought I might let him sleep a bit more,"

"How's his hand doing?" asked Lyra. 

"It should be all right for the time being. Just as long as he doesn't hurt it," 

"Your ointment did a wonderful job," complimented Lyra. 

(M/C) glanced worriedly at (Y/N). "You okay?" She nodded. 

"I hope you won't mind me asking but what's it like having parents?"

"It's the most wonderful thing in the world," she said. "When they love you, it's like nothing you've ever felt before. When they hold you in your arms, you feel safe and protected," 

As she spoke, Lyra pursed her lips and closed her eyes a bit. She thought of her parents, both horrible people who had done horrible things to her friends. 

"What about you Lyra?" (M/C) asked curiously. "What are your parents like?"

Lyra couldn't answer. He realised something was wrong. Before he could ask what was wrong, they heard a loud sharp slash from downstairs. Quickly (Y/N) dashed downstairs and she saw Will awake, the knife was in the wall. "Will!" she alerted. He didn't turn. "Are you all right?"