Reunion

(Y/N P.O.V) 

I had never more pain in my life than I had now. I felt my chest being scratched and singed at the same time. Aster's screams echoed in my ears. Four times they had tired and four times they had failed. I struggled to catch my breath after every slash they attempted. 

Mrs. Coulter's impatience made my head burn. 

Just then there was a sudden rising of a siren which echoed 

"What is going on?!" she shouted. 

"The tartars are being attacked by an armoured bear," a soldier reported. 

My eyes widened a little. It was Iorek. 

"Well surely they can take of just one bear,"

"He's not alone. A man is with him. He's managed to get into the control room and shut down the gates,"

"What?!" Marisa bellowed. "Take her out!" 

The door opened and I was hauled out of the cage. I tried to stand but I was so weak. Mr. Sysselman forced me onto my legs and made me stagger forward. Aster, in the form of an Arctic fox was pulled out by the golden monkey. 

(Lyra P.O.V)

I was panicking. I was freaking out. I couldn't be late. 

Pan flew ahead. "Lyra stop!" I stopped and peeped around the corner. I saw Mrs. Coulter, the last woman I wanted to see, and the man from Trollsund hauling (Y/N) out. She looked so weak. My heart jumped. It jumped again when I saw him push her to the floor. The golden monkey threw him to the floor as well. 

"What do we do with her Marisa?" the man cold questioned. 

Marisa went mmm and stared down at (Y/N). "If she can't be cut from her daemon, then she is a freak. A inhuman who can't go on living."

I felt my heart beat faster at the mention of his words. 

"But we need her for leverage over her father,"

"We will only have leverage for as long as he believes she's alive. But for the sake of all that is right and just...she will have to be put down," She raised her gun. 

I gasped. I wanted to shout but no words came out. 

"Lyra...the spy fly," Pan whispered.

A new thought emitted into my head. I pulled out the tin containing the spy fly from my pocket. I opened it. Suddenly the spy fly shot out like a rocket right at my mother. It struck her right in the face and she stumbled back in fright. I saw her golden monkey daemon fall back in pain too.

"Run (Y/N)!" I screamed.

Quickly (Y/N) turned and our eyes met. She used whatever strength she had to scramble onto her feet and she rushed towards me.

Mrs. Coulter managed to spot and her eyes enlarged. "Lyra?"

Once our eyes met for a moment I stiffened. I wasn't expecting to see revelation in them. But I couldn't be anywhere near her. I pulled (Y/N) out of sight. We heard footsteps pursuing us. Pan flew ahead and led us into a safe corner. We pressed our backs against the wall and heard the footsteps retreat away. Everything was quiet. 

(Y/N) P.O.V

Lyra peered around the corner to make sure no one was by. She sighed in relief. She turned back to him and pulled me into her arms. "I'm so glad you're safe,"

"I've never been more glad to see you," I cried. 

"I was so horrified when I thought I was too late. I heard your screaming and then when I saw you...If I hadn't of done something soon..."