Am I being a Coward?

(Lyra P.O.V) 

I felt my eyes lifting. My vision was dreary. I felt Pan around my neck. How did he get there?

"Lyra?" he spoke up. 

"Pan. Where are we?" I struggled to regain full concentration. I managed to make out that I was in a giant room of cold silver. I was sitting at a table. "Oh no," I struggled to breathe. "No. No,"

Just after I woke up, a silver door opened and Charles Latrum walked in. 

"Mr Latrum!" I seethed!" 

"I have you trapped Lyra Belaqua," he spoke gently but with a threatening expression. 

My heart jumped. How did he know my name? "I don't know who you're talking about,"

Charles Latrum chuckled. "You still don't recognise me," he sat down in front of me. As he did, I saw a snake curl up out from under his sleeve. I felt my heart jump again. He had a daemon? I couldn't remember anyone with a snake daemon. Or could I?"

"You were the man. From the party. In London,"

He chuckled approvingly. "My real name is Carlo Boreal. Your mother sure is one for guests. And one for collecting," he reached into his bag and pulled out my alethiometer. 

"Hey! GIve that back!" I spat. I tried to grab it but he stood back. 

"It's mine now!" he said arrogantly. "And once...we're finished here, I'm gonna bring you back to a certain woman who's been looking for you,"

I gasped. "No," I couldn't go back to my mother not after how she hurt me. Not after how she tried to kill (Y/N) as she did to Billy. 

"Your mother's been so worried about you,"

"She is not my mother," I hissed. "And I will die before I ever love her," 

"What a bad girl you are,"

I glared. 

"I'm here to ask you a question," he sat down. "Where - is Will Parry?"

"I don't know who that is," I answered quickly.

He leaned forward. "Oh yes, you do," 

There was no point hiding it. "What do you want with him?" I asked.

"He is the only one who can acquire something that I want. Tell me where he is and I'll consider sparing you this treatment," 

"I don't think so," I declared instantly. 

"Then I suggest you prepare. Your mother will be collecting you, once you've served your purpose,"

I wanted to gulp but I refused to show fear. 

Carlo stood up and walked to the door. He turned his head to me. "I suggest you behave yourself. Unless you want to suffer more than being stuck in this room," he left through the door. I heard locks. I was trapped. 

"Oh Pan," I hugged Pan tightly. "What will we do?"

My thoughts bounced to (M/C) who had abandoned me, all for the sake of revenge. How I wished I had never come here. What was to become of (Y/N) and Will? How would Will find his father without my alethiometer?

(Y/N P.O.V) 

Will and I had waited patiently outside the cafe. Will had given me some tea to distract me from my shock but nothing could hide how paralysed I was feeling. In the past hour, more of my strands had turned extra silver. What was happening to me? Was something going to happen to Aster too? 

"What's happening to us (Y/N)?" he asked.

"I don't know Aster," I answered. "I wish Dad was here," I was beginning to cry a little. How I missed him so much. 

"Here," It was Will, approaching again from the cafe. Quickly I wiped my tears away. "I've bought some biscuits," he held out a plate of biscuits. 

"Thanks," I said. I took one and munched on it slowly, hoping it would lengthen my time of distraction away from my panic attack. 

Will sat down and looked at me. "We'll figure something out (Y/N). When Lyra gets back, she can ask the Alethiometer,"

"It's not about my hair Will. It's Lyra and (M/C). They should have been back by now," 

Will was worried too. 

"Will, we have to go and look for them,"

"(Y/N), we cannot go back,"

"Will...without Lyra and the Alethiometer, we'll never be able to find your father. and we must find where (M/C) truly belongs,"

Will remained very hesitant. 

"Please Will..." I implored. "If you really want to find your father, help me find Lyra,"

Will was still scared.

"Fine," I scoffed. "I'll do it myself," Instantly I stood up and Aster flew off after me. I turned the corner. 

Will Parry P.O.V

I shot off after (Y/N). "(Y/N)! Wait! Stop! Stop!" I trailed after her. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to find our friends. And since you're being such a coward, I'm going alone with just Aster!"

"(Y/N)! Just stop!" I reached her and grabbed her hand but she yanked it free and turned at me in anger. 

"Let go of me, Will!"

"(Y/N)! Please! The police will be looking for us!"

"Oh yeah sure! Care more about your safety than the wellbeing of your friends!" she snapped at me. I was insulted. 

"This isn't about me being safe (Y/N)!" This was about my mother. I tried to speak again but she lashed out again. 

"Then why are you being a coward?! Why are you choosing to stay here knowing our friends are probably in trouble? 

I wanted to answer but I had no words. The truth was I was scared. I just didn't know how to tell her. I was scared of getting caught and of my mother getting into trouble. 

With my long moment of silence, (Y/N) turned and she disappeared before I could stop her. I growled in annoyance. How could she just run off like that without even thinking of a plan first? I walked back to the cafe and walked around in circles.

What was I to do? 

I couldn't go back. I would get arrested. It would put my mother in danger. But  I needed to find my father. I couldn't get (Y/N)'s angry words out of my head. Was I really being a coward? Did I really care too much about my safety and my mother's? I thought once again of (Y/N). She couldn't do this by herself. Not when her hair was turning silver. Something was happening to her and she would most certainly get in danger. 

At that moment I made my choice. I grabbed my bag and sped off. 

Here it is. So sorry that I've been working on other students but here is another chapter after so long! I hope you all enjoyed it. Thank you so much everyone for your continued support. Please keep sending reviews and potential ideas.