Talking to Dust

Hello, so sorry for not updating this for a month. I was away on holiday and I could play the episodes on BBC Player in another character. Here I am. Hope you all enjoy this. Please, please send over reviews and let me know how you found this. It would be most helpful 

(Y/N P.O.V)

I was taken inside a police car. The security guard had asked a police to escort me to where I wanted to go. 

I was kept in the front. The police asked me questions and I did my very best to lie and not give off any information about Will. I pretended that I was with a friend but that I lost her and my pass and that I was trying to find my way out. 

"And so could you drop me off at the Botanic Gardens please sir?"

He turned to me. 

"I know that's where my friend will come and look for me. We always go there whenever we lost each other,"

"Okay miss. Tell me, do you know any thing about the whereabouts of William Parry?" he asked. 

"No," I answered straightly. "Never met him,"

Before he could say anything else, there was a phone drill. He picked it up. 

"Hello," he called. 

"Graham Parry. You were right. He came to us," the angry voice of an old man said disgustfully. 

Will was at his grandparents house? Why was his grandfather betraying him? That's not what's he supposed to do? I know for a fact John Parry would be ashamed of his father for giving away his son like that. 

"Keep him there. I'm coming there now," the police said. He turned to me. "Well sorry miss. I'm afraid I'm goanna have to delay your trip to the Botanic Gardens just for a while. I need to catch this murderer,"

"Murderer?" I spat out incredulously. 

He turned to glare at me. I realised I was making him suspicious. 

"I..I mean...William Parry is a murderer. How dreadful..." 

"He killed man at his own house before fleeing. Now sit tight miss,"

"How far away is the Botanic Gardens from where we're going?"

"Only a few blocks away from the nearest university. Should take too long miss," 

We began to drive. Unfortunately we got caught in what's called traffic when you're caught behind a long queue of still cars. The policeman had no way of getting past. 

"Man...these cars these days," he was fuming with annoyance. He slouched back against his seat. I realised this was my chance. looking to his door, I saw the button that had an unlocked lock for my seat. 

"There's a thief over there!" I pointed to the right side of the street outside his window. 

"What?" he leaned his head out. 

Quick as a whip, I reached forward and pressed the button. My door was unlocked. Instantly I opened the car and I sprinted out to freedom. 

"Hey!" the policeman cried out behind me. "Come back! Come back!"

Quickly I disappeared around the corner out of sight. I had to get to Will before he did. Hopefully this traffic would buy me plenty of time. 

I just hoped that once I found him, Lyra would be finished and we could get back to our hideout. 

(Lyra P.O.V) 

I couldn't believe I was talking to dark matter, to dust inside Mary Malone's cave. It was incredible. It could talk in the Alethiometer's language. It began telling me strange things about Mary needing to do something important.