Operation Knife and Alethiometer

Third Point of View: 

Night had fallen and the children were dressed and ready. Will was standing near the entrance flexing his fingers out. "Guys, are you ready?"

Lyra and (Y/N) came down with (M/C). His cat wanted to come. "Sorry buddy. Not this time," he apologised, giving him a stroke. 

Roger trumpeted sadly but Lyra stroked him. "We'll be back Roger. You and Leo stay here and take care of each other. We'll be back I promise,". She poured some milk and whilst the cat and the strange little furry elephant were distracted, the team made their way to the tower. The air was cold and the streets were quiet. And yet as they came closer to the tower, they could feel a tingle up their spines. Like someone or something was close by. 

"Do you think Giacamo could still be in there?" Will asked. 

(Y/N)'s mind bounced back to that old man and his farewell. "The Spectres might have him," she said remorsefully. "There's nothing we can do about it," 

"I don't want to hurt anyone else guys," Will shuddered. "Whatever they've done,"

"You won't," Lyra tried her best to sound promising. "You and (M/C) just get the Alethiometer and we'll distract Latrum as long as we can,"

"We can do this," (M/C) believed. "You know we should have a team name,"

"A team name?" Pan on Lyra's shoulder asked.

"Why not?" Aster agreed. "Let's see. Team kids and daemons,"

"Na ah," Will disapproved. "Team Knife keepers,"

"You're the only one with the knife Will," (Y/N) said.

"I got it. Team Rebels," Lyra offered. The others shrugged.

"I like it," (Y/N) approved. 

"Team Rebels it is then," Will held his good palm out. All he had in response was crossed eyebrows. "It's something in my world. You put your palms on top of each other,". The others placed their palms on top of him and then he went "Dream team!", whooping his hand and theirs into the air. 

"I love this custom," (M/C) said approvingly. "Come on. Time for Team Rebels to get that truth-telling device,". 

Will held the knife out and sliced a hole in the air. They saw a rich green door. "You were right guys. But to get into the basement we have to go lower,"

"We find the perfect spot and then we go distract Latrum," Lyra said. "Let's go,". They made their way through the angel door back into the cellars under the tower "Do a small cut, Will. We don't want to attract attention,"

Will did just that. "I see him. He has the alethiometer. It looks like he's alone,"

"Let's do this," (Y/N) said with determination.  

...............................................................................................................................

Lyra and (Y/N) made their way quietly towards Latrum's house. Lyra saw how scared (Y/N) was. She held her hand protectively. They stood before the green door. "Are you ready?" Lyra asked.

"Ready," (Y/N) nodded. And she pushed the button. Beep! Beep! Nothing happened. They knocked. They knocked again. It opened. And Latrum appeared. 

"Oh," he looked spooked. 

.............................................................................................................................

Will made an opening in the same spot in the air as before and peered through. "He's gone. And the Alethiometer is still there,"