Lee Scoresby meets Marisa Coulter

(Third Person Point of View)

Iera had been waiting patiently for Lee Scoresby and Hester. They hadn't returned for hours. It was getting dark. She became worried. A strange humming noise rang across the wind as she lay in the balloon thinking about Iorek. Looking up, she saw a giant Magisterium airship descending to the town. Soldiers were arriving at the landing bay. She growled. This was not good news. 

Lee sat in his cell, bruised and chained. Hester lay her head against him. 

"I'm scared, Lee. What if we never escape and find Grumman? How will we help (Y/N) and Lyra?"

"Don't worry Hester. Iera will come for us," Lee prayed. His left eye was black and his vision was slightly broken. "Ane when we do, we're going to find Grumman and that item and find them,"

"How can you have so much hope?" Hester asked.

"It's mainly the Lyra. Lyra gave my child hope. And in doing so gave me hope. She's been there so much for my darling girl. I hope they're both safe wherever they are," Lee was strong in spirit despite his injuries. 

The clanking of locks echoed from the locked door. Turning his head, Lee saw a beautiful woman in her thirties enter the room. She had long dark hair, dark eyes with a wicked face and a golden monkey. Lee knew exactly who she was but he hid the hatred that was boiling in his eyes.   How he wished he could have his revolver so that he could shoot her in the face. But they were too vulnerable in captivity to take any risks. 

"Who are you and what do you want?" he demanded.

"Is that you greet visitors?" the woman greeted casually. 

"Did you bring food?"

"No,"

"Then who are you and what do you want?"

"You are not endearing to yourself sir," 

"Look madam whatever you think I've done, I killed a man out of self-defence because he accused me of being an enemy to the Magisterium. In reality, I think the Magisterium is one of the finest organisations around,"

The woman wasn't at all phased. "I don't think you do at all," she sat down on a stool. 

Lee kept quiet. 

"What does the name Lyra Belaqua mean to you?"

"Let me think," Lee did his best to feign deception. "I don't know. What does it mean to you?"

The woman gave off a wicked cackle. "This is serious. Your life depends on it," 

"Is she by any chance related to Asriel Belaqua? Cause I've always been a big fan of his. I always wondered if one day I would meet that man,"

"Cut the deception. Mr Scoresby. You know exactly who I am. And I know who you are," 

Lee was shocked his con had been uncovered but he remained strong. "Very well Mrs Coulter..." he knew exactly who this woman was and what she had tried to do to his child. "What do you want?"

"Where...is Lyra?"

"Can't help you there I'm afraid,"

"That's interesting," Mrs Coulter stood up. "Because the last time I saw her, she was flying off from my station in your baloon," 

"I'm never going to tell her where to find that little girl," Lee refused. 

"You do misunderstand me, Mr Scoresby. I'm her mother,"

Lee wasn't swayed. "So?"

"So she needs me," Coulter's answer was a shake of the head. 

"No, she doesn't,"