We need to trust each other

(M/C P.O.V) 

"How could I be connected to this Dust that you were speaking to?" I question. 

"I have something that can answer that question. But we have to find Will and (Y/N) first,"  before I could react 

"Now come on!" Lyra pulled my hand. "We have to find Will and (Y/N)," I really don't want to go with her but I know I can't find the way back home without her help. 

She pulled me into the park where we found Will and (Y/N). Will was staring at (Y/N) with a gawked expression. 

They heard us approaching and turned around. They were shocked to see me but (Y/N) was very delighted to see Lyra. 

"Lyra!" she squealed. "Oh thank goodness you're okay," she rushed into her arms. 

"Are you alright?" Lyra asked. 

"Yes," she turned to me. "What's (M/C) doing here?"

Before Lyra can answer, Will speaks up. "We have to go now. The police got a lead on me," "This way," he lead us through the park until we made it to a bench in front of a pond. The moment we were there, Will turned around with a flash. He had a determined expression. "Lyra, how did you and (Y/N) find out about my dad? And what are you doing here?" he pointed at me. "Did you follow us here?"

"Lyra, what did you find out?" (Y/N) asked up again. 

"The scholar was called Mary Malone and she has an engine that can see Dust. I actually communicated with it. It might not actually be sin at all,"

(Y/N) sparked with happiness. "Amazing,"

"If I could just get it to talk again and go to her tomorrow, I can find more answers," Lyra was ecstatic. 

"No. Do not do that again," I spoke up. 

"What's his problem?" Aster, who poked his head out of his bag, questioned. 

"(M/C) is connected to dust," Lyra answered. "I felt him when I talked through the scholar's computer cave,"

"What?" (Y/N) breathed. 

"Mind telling us what you're doing here?" Will demanded again at me. 

His question made the girls glance at me carefully. I remained silent. 

"If you're not goanna tell us, I'll ask this," Lyra fished into her bag. 

"It's called an Alethiometer," she said. "It tells you the truth. I will ask it for the answer if you don't give it," 

"Okay. Okay!" I ranted. "I'll tell you three!"

We sat down at the bench. I sat at the end with three faces looking at me with questionable frowns. 

"I came here to kill someone," 

Will's eyes enlarged. Lyra's face seem to burn up. (Y/N) looked a little scared. 

"The man who came into my world killed my best friend Lila because he was looking for something. I couldn't find him during the Spectre attack. I realised he must have gone through that window that you found Will. I had to follow you three into this world so I wouldn't get lost," 

"Why didn't you tell us what you were planning?" (Y/N) spoke up angrily, her shock dwindled away. 

"Because you three might have tried to stop me! That man killed my best friend," 

The answer brought shock to their eyes. 

"This was my only chance to avenge her. And because of you and your Dust Lyra, I got a terrible migraine that gave the man enough time to escape,"