Escapes

(Y/N P.O.V) 

With a hood over my hair and Aster hidden around my neck like a furry scarf, I walked carefully through the streets of Oxford, peering around for Lyra and (M/C). I did my best to keep a distance from any strange looking people like the policemen. I dreaded getting caught. 

I want to scream out 'Lyra' but I knew that would get me caught. I decided to peer around the streets we walked through earlier but there was no sign of them. I thought I might look around the college we went to but I stopped myself when I saw security patrolling the place. I turned back, walking towards the Botanic Gardens. Lyra and (M/C) were nowhere in sight. 

Just then, I saw the same man whose car I had sat in yesterday straight ahead. 

"Turn back," Aster whispered in my hood. 

I swerved around and tried to mimic the walk of a normal person. 

Just then I heard, "Stop right there!" behind me. 

My heart jumped. The blood drained from my face. It was the policeman ahead of me. "Turn around!"

I didn't turn.

"I said 'Turn around!" he shouted louder. My heartbeat accelerated when I heard him approaching me quickly. 

"Run," Aster hissed.

Instantly I shot off. 

"Hey! Stop right there!" he shouted.

I sprinted as fast as I could away from the parks into the crowded streets. Aster flew out of my hoodie, taking the form of a snowy owl. I followed him as we rushed through crowded straights but still, the man was hot on our tail. 

                     ..........................................................................................................

(M/C P.O.V)

I peered at the monster's house from across the road, behind a tree. For hours, I had searched every street until I found that car. Luckily I remembered the numbers on its plate by heart. I just had to wait for him to pull away in his car. Then I could find Lyra and get us home. It was my fault for getting her into this mess. I was not going to make the same mistake again. Just then, I saw the dark-skinned killer enter his car. Quickly I hid behind the tree. I heard the roaring of the car's engine and I watched it roll away into the streets. Now was my chance. 

                ...............................................................................................................

(Lyra P.O.V)

"What are we going to do Lyra?" Pan asked.

"I don't know," I cursed. "Ugh. This is all my fault. We never should have come here," 

"I can't believe (M/C) abandoned us," he cursed. 

Suddenly we heard (M/C)'s voice. "Lyra! Lyra where are you?!"

My muscles tightened hearing the voice of the boy who abandoned us just so he could get revenge. 

"Lyra. Answer it," Pan implored. "He's here to save us,"

I looked down at my daemon and saw hope in his eyes. Against my better nature, I rushed to the locked door and banged on it. "I'm in here!" 

"Hang on! I'll have you out of there," he answered back. I heard clicking. I stood back. The door opened. "There you are Lyra," he was relieved. I was the opposite. In a fume of range, I lashed out at him and I punched him in the face. 

"How could you leave me like that?!" I exploded.

"Lyra please!" he begged.

"No! I'm not listening to you! Not after you left us behind!"