Roger's been taken

(Third Person P.O.V) 

(Y/N) was dreaming peacefully in the small encampment that she had built with her new friends. Aster was nestled in her arms in the form of a ferret, touching her warm face with his nose. In her sleep, she dreamed about a melodic voice that sounded like the songs of birds, a voice that sang a lullaby to her every night when she was asleep. Almost like her mother's. 

(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" Lyra's voice echoed in her ears, interrupting her dream. "Wake up! Wake up!"

"Mmm," she slowly woke up and rubbed her eyes. "What's going on?"

"Asriel's got Roger! He's going to cut him!" 

(Y/N)'s inner core was activated by the news. "What?"

"We have to go! Now!" 

Quickly (Y/N) pulled on her coat and her hat and swung her satchel around her shoulder. Quickly they dashed outside and they cried out for Iorek. 

He came charging forward. 

"Asriel's got Roger! We have to follow the footprints!" she screamed, desperate to get going as soon as possible. 

"Bears!" he called. 

"You're calling the bears?!" (Y/N) exclaimed. 

"We'll be needing them. Climb on you two!" Iorek ordered. Quickly we mounted our polar steed and together we took off into the distance. 

As we did, for a moment I heard the roaring of engines. I twisted my head. I gasped. There were three giant airships. 

(Y/N P.O.V) 

I felt scared to the core. "Lyra..." I tapped her shoulder. 

She turned and around and her eyes were set on what I saw. 

"The Magisterium are here!" she screamed. 

"Then our situation has become more difficult," Iorek said. The arrival of those giant vehicles motivated me to charge further and further at a faster pace. 

"Why did he take Roger?!" I questioned furiously. "Why couldn't he have taken me instead? He must have known he was more important to you!" I exclaimed. "What kind of father is he to separate you from your best friend?!" 

Lyra was silent for a second. "Oh no," 

"Remember those footsteps we heard outside the bathroom, that must have been him. He must have overheard us talking about what happened to you at Bolvanger. That's why he didn't take you. He must have known if he tried to use you, it wouldn't have been a success but with Roger..."

Quickly I gripped her shoulder. "We'll get there!"

Iorek suddenly stopped. Lyra asked him why and he said he heard something. We dismounted him and walked forward. We saw three airships, nearly camouflaged in the sky, heading to us in our direction. 

"They're heading towards the mountain!" Lyra screamed. 

Iorek commanded his bears to prepare. Just then before I could even blink, a wave of gunshots came flying down in our direction from the airships. 

"Take cover!" Iorek roared. 

"Christopher Clummbers," I screamed. I pulled Lyra behind a boulder. We clung onto each other tightly. This felt more terrifying than back at Bolvanger. 

(Lyra P.O.V) 

Being near (Y/N) gave me strength but I remained traumatised. My heart was thumping. My head was spinning. The earth kept shaking underneath our feet. Some snow came falling on us. We ducked behind another corner to take better cover but a shot bear came falling in front of us. We went another direction but more bullets were the sky came raining down and bombs.