07 - The forgiving

♡♡♡

I know supposedly I'm lonely now
Know I'm supposed to be unhappy without someone
But aren't I someone?

"Hi, Seulgi. Come in."

Her last two words leaves the woman speechless, the way Jeongyeon sounded as if nothing which happened many years ago even mattered anymore.

Seulgi wonders if she was forgiven, or if not, is it not yet too late to apologize?

What she did was more than just becoming a nightmare to Jeongyeon's life as a teenager then, it turned into half her lifetime's horror and she feels like she has ultimately broke something in her that could never be fixed, or replaced.

But what Seulgi didn't know is that as she trailed her eyes around the spacious living room and the open kitchen, Jeongyeon's watching her from a distance, grabbing a cup of freshly-brewed tea.

Jeongyeon relaxes, her heart beating at a slow yet calmed rate while she gazes up at the woman by the foyer. A small smile plasters upon her lips while she walks over her.

Jimin stays downstairs with Taehyung, and both are clueless as to what is going to happen until they decide to get in.

Seulgi is in awe at how nicely decorated the apartment seems to be. It looks more than the house she had with Jimin before.

There is still no sight of her daughter, and being it the only purpose of her coming over, she remains in her spot, fingers tapping around on her purse.

She tilted her head, meeting Jeongyeon's warm smile as she makes her way to her. Her face brightens up, returning the woman's smile as she nods.

"Come, have a seat. Jiyeon is already asleep now, but you can talk to her tomorrow," Jeongyeon says, motioning her to the couch after handing her the cup.

Seulgi chuckles shyly, wrapping her cold hand around the cup, feeling warmth all over. She removes her shoes then follows behind, and she catches a glimpse of a small picture frame laying on top of the side table.

It's Jeongyeon and Jimin's wedding photo, but with Jiyeon standing in the middle. She stares at it before sitting down and placing the cup on the coffee table.

Jeongyeon arranges some piled up examination papers from Jimin's classes, which are scattered on the side and speaks, "Sorry about this, I was helping him out on checking earlier and,"

"No, it's okay, I uh, I'm sorry for being a bother this late, but thank you.... for inviting me over. It means a lot."

Jeongyeon grins, her pretty eye smile surprising Seulgi while she reaches for the cup.

Seulgi had seen her before, but her face over the years has become a blur she kept trying to erase because the more she thought of Jeongyeon's smile, the more she feels bad for herself. And the more she feels guilty.

But now it's different. What she feels is completely different; it makes her feel safe somehow, like Jeongyeon is the mirror-like image of Jimin in all the times he saved her life.

She had long figured it out, that the two were always meant to be together. But it still amazes her that both have found their way back no matter what; and Seulgi wished one day it could be the same for her.