12 - On a tightrope

♡♡♡

a/n: short but cute ok?

I'm still a believer but I don't know why

I've never been a natural

All I do is try, try, try

"So, if this is a circus, where would you be right now?"

What kind of question is that? 

Taehyung shifts his gaze towards the small fish bowl to the end table next to the single couch where the doctor is seated. 

He couldn't believe it.

He's actually right there sitting across of a middle-aged woman who speaks and acts like an 18-year old. How did he even get there?

Fuck, Jungkook.

Jungkook and Tzuyu's marriage counselor, that's who this woman is. The younger male signed him up out of his consent, which is supposed to be illegal, but it's been hell for him.

He thinks he is okay, that he is beyond his failed marriage. But he has been lying to himself. He wouldn't admit it, so he denies any proper conversation about it.

Fortunately for his friends, they worked it out. Well, no. They didn't. Maybe the only good thing that came out of it was that they learned the importance of a two-way conversation.

They separated exactly a month ago, Mrs. Jeon was of course devastated but she doesn't want to be unfair to Tzuyu. The woman refuses to have a child, that's it.

It's not a crime, it's her choice. The problem overall was simply miscommunication. She married Jungkook without talking to him about the matter, until she needed to but it turns out, he feels the opposite.

Taehyung wonders, as he takes in a deep breath, watching the lonely gold fish in the bowl which reminds him of his own self, and the doctor patiently waiting for his reply.

Where would he be if he's in a circus?

If this world is a circus. 

He expects himself to not have any answer to it, but as soon as he hears the click caused by the doctor pressing on the retractable pen, he gets distracted.

Taehyung turns his head away from the bowl, and to the open window he lands his eyes on.

A cable guy on a lift, prepping himself to work on the electrical wires, sweating all over. Something strikes him, a memory.

A memory of his wedding night, on the dance floor, on his first dance with Inna as a married couple. There was a sign, he didn't see it but it was there.

Slowly, he closes his eyes, determined to remember what it was.

And then it hits him. 

There's a pang in his chest, a pain twisting in his stomach. He nods, a sense of realization seeps into his mind and in his heart.