05 - Uncertainties to come

a/n: 3.4k words lmao I'm on a roll

♡♡♡

"Put a price on emotion,

I'm looking for something to buy"

Jeongyeon heaves, elbows resting on a pile of paperwork, her days have been a havoc. Someone has gotten into trouble at the agency, and protecting that someone is just a part of her job description.

Her fingers are getting number and number each time, signing papers and making and receiving phone calls consume roughly ninety-percent of her time and she's growing concerned about it.

What's keeping her sane is whenever she goes out for lunch and Jimin would give her a call. He would talk about his day and he'd ask about hers, and then they'd laugh in unison if an annoying coworker is brought up. Usually, it would end with them planning out dinner or some midnight movie session they always loved.

Today's different though. Jimin had a lunch meeting, and Sungwoon wouldn't give him free pass, he had to go. Jeongyeon pouts as she places back her phone on the table, biting the insides of her cheeks as her eyes catches the wall clock. 

It's almost break, and she already feels suffocated imagining herself at the cafeteria or a nearby restaurant with some employees she doesn't really like.

Making friends at work was never something she enjoyed, and among all the people she is required to interact with, there is only one person whom she believes has a good judgment of character, and quite an impressive sense of humor.

Im Haeun.

She's her junior, soon-to-be the one in Jeongyeon's position that if, she gets promoted. And she likes her, she can relate to her in some ways. Haeun doesn't get on her nerves like everyone else, simply because she herself hates when someone invades her personal space.

Jeongyeon sighs before mentally praying Haeun is free at lunch, she takes her phone and scrolls through the contacts and she smiles as she started to type in.

When the message was sent, she lay on her back swiveling around her office chair while looking out the large glass windows. Her pencil skirt sliding up a bit but she didn't care. She fiddles on her wedding ring, realizing it has been a couple days since Taehyung met with Inna, his now ex-wife and she still hasn't heard what happened then.

She's about to text him and ask when the door to her office swings open, revealing a woman clad in a black button-down shirt tucked in white slacks. Her medium cut hair tied loosely and strands cover the sides of her face. Jeongyeon stands, heart warming at the sight of the woman waving a tray of two bottles of fruit juice and a box of what seems to be sushi.

"Mrs. Park! Hi! I got your text," she says, letting out an awkward smile before placing the food on the coffee table next to the small couch.

Jeongyeon walks to her, aiming for a quick hug and she happily spreads her arms.

"Oh God Haeun, thank you. You don't have to buy though, we could just go out and—"

"No, it's fine! I feel slightly under the weather so I prefer cafeteria food instead. How are you, Mrs. Park?" she replies, sitting down on the couch as Jeongyeon follows her.

"It's been rough, right? I wish we could just go home and sleep, how's that? Anyway, things are the same I guess. And you?"

She nods, smile fading as she takes out the chopsticks, "Not good, he's back and the moment I saw him entering the office I just wanted to slam his face on the wall."