30 - Eternally yours

a very long chapter (6.5k words), and also the final one

i'm not crying, you are!

but don't leave just yet after this, i have three specials for the other characters waiting in the drafts :) i can't wait to show them to you soon.

enjoy!

♡♡♡

I believe in love
like it's a fire, it's a feeling,
it's a touch, it's a reason
it's a light, it's a healing

Jimin

They say, "good things come to those who wait," and yes, I can say I've done a lot of it.

Waiting.

To wait, you must have courage and patience; determination and vision.

Love. You must have love within as you wait. If something doesn't arrive how you wanted it to, love makes you feel fulfilled.

Love arrives with both the good and bad, no matter when or where it comes from.

One of the things I learned to accept over the years of being mostly on my own, was the fact that I was meant to wait.

The moment I laid my eyes on the beautiful child I was given by fate, my mind seemed to have floated above the clouds, traveled far back and beyond my future.

Like a film strip, I was shown stills of everything I had been through, all the people I spent countless nights with, the times I spun around wet grass and stomped on the mud.

I felt free, but meeting her was like finally coming to the end of a tunnel.

It was like waiting for that bus to take its last turn to the terminal, hours after I made that rash decision to leave the life of youth and recklessness.

Waiting to see someone your heart is attached to after letting go of the other who once held it strong, love was all I carried along.

Running with my worn out shoes to where Jiyeon was, in the nursery where I had eyes shot at me as if choosing to work hours prior to her mother giving birth was a sin.

I stood with my chest out, almost like my heart is exploding out of thrill and the will to see the one person I sacrificed my whole life for.

No one ever knew how bad I cried in the restroom stall, ran my way in so I could crawl on the floor and wail.

I knew I waited for it, looked forward until it was time; yet the missing piece, the void left me choking and grasping for air.

Jeongyeon wasn't there.

No one cheered me on the way she did, or the effect it had on me. All the waiting, the praying, the carrying of love despite a severely punctured heart nearly broke me inside and out.

But then again, before I let myself lose that last ounce of sanity and hope, I waited.

I swore to myself I would wait, walking back to the nursery and through the glass I brought the tip of my finger and tapped on it.