18 - Secrets kept

♡♡♡

The electronics of your heart

See how fast they fall apart

Skip a hit, don't make a sound

With Haeun's resignation, the office seems to have left dull and empty, the walls tightening up again, closing off the once broken down fences between one employee to another, and Jeongyeon could feel the way her coworkers are forced to go back to their routine before.

She is in awe at how Haeun's energy affected the rest of the floor down below, that even the security personnel on-duty at the lobby rarely even let out the same happy grin he had once.

Jeongyeon's eyes are trained on the marble floor, and onto her ruined nail polish. It's been more than a week since she had lost a really good friend at work, and the days that passed by were nothing but work, work, and work.

It's even frustrating that she's been so obsessed counting the days until her supposed period date, and praying to all Gods she's pregnant.

Well, the desperation isn't helping but it isn't too bad anyway.

Jimin is on a school trip, it isn't the usual trip they do in regular schools though. His and Sungwoon's students are all creatives, aspiring artists and the itinerary are mostly galleries, studios, production houses, exhibits, and fairs. It's way better to be engrossed in anything art rather than the kind of art she's had to deal with.

Not that she has anything against the artists under her company, but she's not the one in the field. For like 10 hours a day plus extra 2 if needed, 5 days a week plus a Saturday if also required, she's stuck in the confinement, the hell that is her office.

And having to work around her boss, Mr. Hong makes everything even more difficult.

I miss you so bad, Haeun-ah. Oh God.

Her thoughts are interrupted, when a man's voice caught her ears. She looks up and right away, she narrows her eyes but quickly shifts into a smile, a forced one obviously.

"Mr. Hong," she whispers, and the man has this suggestive look on his face, disgusting. 

"What are you doing after work?"

She frowns slightly, "H-huh? Uhm, probably at home? Why?" it's like he knows Jimin isn't around and Jiyeon's staying with Seulgi for a week, the timing boils her blood.

Mr. Hong chuckles, and leans over just a tiny bit to not get any attention from the people around. "Remember Momo? She used to work here, started off as a creative director but she's taken away by our archenemy. Well, you see, she's meeting me tonight."

"Eh?" her reaction shows disgust, her face hinting like she's about to throw up anytime. Momo? Hirai Momo? What?

She remembers Haeun's stories of women, or Mr. Hong's targeted victims rather and even told her she could also be one of his potential victims but it's like, he's moving at a less suspicious pace so no one would even notice.

Jeongyeon scowls at the thought, sending the man a look before thinking and worrying about Momo. "What is the meeting all about, sir?"