28 - Slow dancing forever

♡♡♡

With those lips you could waltz away
Every inch of me that's been left in pain

Heading straight home at four in the morning with a sleeping pre-teen girl and her loud snores and hisses on the backseat; that was what happened after Taehyung's send-off party.

Jimin chose to grab the key first as he's way sober than Jeongyeon was, but as soon as they hit that part at the entryway to the bridge in Han River, he pulled over.

Hazy and with a piercing headache, Jeongyeon got out the door following him while he skipped towards the railing. The car is parked dangerously on the side of the road, hazard lights on and locked as a faint slow ballad song played on the radio lulling Jiyeon to sleep even further.

The two struggling parents battle the night with alcohol in their system, it was Jimin who prayed that he's really, actually sober enough to drive everyone home safely, and in that moment he felt he needed a break. He needed a breath and the chilly air hitting across his flushed skin.

Jeongyeon stumbles as she walked, legs crisscrossing here and there and when she's finally closer to him she whispered, "Why did you stop? Are you okay?"

Jimin looked over and smiled, that godly, heavenly smile he tend to show when he had even a small amount of alcohol and confidence. He chuckles, "I just want to catch some air. Look, the air feels light and pleasant. And the view... God."

She trailed her eyes where his went, and her heart stopped. There's the river and dimmed lights poured over, bouncing against the rippling waters and low, silent waves that flow across the river. It's surreal and breathtaking, something you can paint out on a canvas without having to fight which colors you would use.

"Beautiful, wow. I've never seen this up close in a while.." she mumbles softly, standing inches away from him as her eyes travel along the expanse in front of her. 

Shaking his head momentarily while his brown eyes glance over at her face, Jimin wanted to tell her she's much more beautiful than anything else but held it and instead let her have her moment to herself.

He's silent for the next couple of minutes, and she didn't say a word or two either. That was, until she faced him and sighed, smiling when he did too.

"I keep remembering things when I think that you're near me, it's just... it comes out and my heart wouldn't stop racing," she explains, moving a hand to rub on his forearm.

"When you learned dancing with a partner because you had me then, you never stopped asking me to help you practice. Remember when your mentor told you that he thought you knew waltz even before having to learn it? And you were so happy and excited that you spent nights sneaking into my window to ask me to come with you to the studio so you could show me the steps and then ask me to dance with you..."

Jimin stole a kiss on her cheek and laughs, pulling her closer making her jolt out of shock. 

"Waltz require calculation, but with you I'm a math wizard."

Jeongyeon stopped, holding back a growing laughter in her stomach. She stared in his eyes and nodded, knowing his mind before he did.

"You're so cheesy, goodness... But really, you were born to dance practically anything."

He nodded, smiling widely as the compliment came out of her mouth. And like that, 4 AM became 5 AM, and then 6... the two of them became one as they started slow dancing right at the bridge while vehicles passed along them.

The sun rose so as their hearts when the dance heightened, the speed increasing at every minute then but the movements were solid and fluid at the same time.