11 - Right or wrong

♡♡♡

"Can't you look at me?
Am I that hideous to you?
Can't you talk to me?
Do I really mean nothing to you?"

One year ago, a month after the wedding

"Is it a crime to not want a child in a marriage?"

The question carried on for so long in her head, as Jeongyeon unbuttoned her coat when she entered the front door. 

It had been a couple days since she had last seen Tzuyu, but what her friend's confession struck her in a way she couldn't explain.

She wished to tell Jimin about it, perhaps ask him about his opinion on the matter. But it was personal even for her. Jeongyeon cared for Tzuyu more than anything, and she didn't want her to feel judged by anyone.

Not that Jimin would say such harsh words once he would hear the truth, but Jeongyeon felt it was something he might not understand.

So for days, she kept to herself. Her thoughts rumbled like thunder, not able to be heard or talked about with no one. That night was different, though, because when she walked in the living room; Jungkook was there.

He sat on the couch next to Jimin, munching on some cheese potato chips with cans of beer on the table while the TV was on and loud as cheers and whistle resonated the room,

She traveled her eyes towards her husband, and immediately, he tilted his head to find her looking at him. 

Jimin cautiously nudged his friend with his elbow, as Jeongyeon crossed her arms over her chest. Everything she had been thinking of flew by, interrupted by the tensed look on the men's faces.

"Soccer?" she asked, gaze switching to the screen as the two males scrambled up. 

Jimin cleared his throat, while Jungkook scratched the back of his neck, "Y-yeah," they said in unison, making Jeongyeon cackle.

"What about Jiyeon's homework? Where is she?" she asked again, tone changing into a low, strict one. Jimin grinned, head nodding like a child caught on silly games. 

"She's fast asleep! And yes, all her work was done."

"Good. And you-" she pointed to Jungkook, and quickly he straightened himself. "I'm..."

"Does your wife know you're here? It's nine," she questioned, rolling her eyes over to the wall clock right above the couch where they stood in front of.

Jungkook lets out a breathy chuckle, rubbing his palms on the sides of his jeans as Jimin held his laughter beside him.

Jeongyeon glared at Jimin, then looked back at Jungkook, "So she doesn't know. Go home, now. You shouldn't even be here at this time of the night, gosh."

"But she..." he started, glancing up at her with doe eyes. "She went out with her friends, to a party I think. And she's not coming home until 12 or so."

Jimin turned to him, seemed taken aback by the newfound information. He gritted his teeth then ran his fingers through his hair before averting his eyes on Jeongyeon, whose lips were parted.

It was weird, and the way Jungkook sounded sent Jimin shivers. He didn't expect his friend would not tell him that the reason why he came over was not just because of the soccer match scheduled that night, but because his wife was out and he wanted to distract himself.