(Special) Her and her first love

The walls are starting to cave in

Sometimes I wish I was somebody else

When my mind starts misbehaving

Is when I tell myself...

♡♡♡

"You'll be okay."

Life for her was running endlessly on a treadmill and something caught off with the wires that it wouldn't stop. Impossible, trivial, but Seulgi liked to think of it like that.

Today, when she got on the train, choosing this ride instead of having taken by her husband to work, an old woman sitting by the door suddenly asked her.

"You married with your first love, kid?"

The week had been chaotic, work or home, it's all the same; crazily chaotic. But nothing could ever top this absurdity the moment she stepped on the train.

There's an odd look on the woman's face when she said the question, wiggling her eyebrows then looked at her ring. Had she been riding the city train too long that regulars spot her and immediately recognize her now? 

Not that disrespectful child anymore, she faked a smile and politely shook her head. 

"I'm not," she said with a rather awkward smile to which the woman frowned at.

"Why? Why not? Did he leave you like my dead husband do forty plus years ago? That bastard--"

"Just listen to her and you'll be okay."

Seulgi shuddered at the voice at the back of her head, and she turned slightly but the doors slammed open and a mass of passengers step right in, bashing her head onto the cold surface of the pole.

Shutting her eyes at the sharp pang on her forehead, she rubbed where it hit her and cursed as quietly as possible. 

The woman was barely inches away from her skin and it's obvious she's sweating profusely, she breathed in. "Sorry, what was that?"

She followed what the voice told her, though she wished she knew who said it. Someone must have been going through the same conversation for a while now.

The woman rolled her eyes and hugged her small purse in her chest, then looked away.

"We must be the unlucky ones who lost their first loves but I see you're married with someone else now, so that leaves me the only unlucky here."

The emphasis on the word, unlucky leaves a bad taste in Seulgi's mouth. She wanted to throw on some remarks on the old woman, desperately wanted to tell her she had no idea what she was saying.

She never knew who Seulgi is, never met her before, never knew her personally. And, more importantly, the old, nosy woman never knew Jimin.

Her first love.

The old woman was so wrong. Losing her first love, in Seulgi's case was not near what should be called unlucky. She was not unlucky for not ending up with him.

If she had to be honest right in that moment, she wanted to say that the day she lost him was the day she found what she was missing the whole time she chose to chase after him and that young love.

Her lost, first love was what saved her from forever being broken.

It brought her to places and corners she'd never seen, felt things she'd never felt in all the years of her life, taught her how beautiful the world is despite the cruelty.