24 - Frozen in time

♡♡♡

For how long will we fall,

Before we can climb?

And will this get too hard,

Will we even get far,

Will our words suffice?

"Dad? I have a question, but please, don't get mad or anything... I need you to just listen first and then answer... Alright?"

Looking up from reading a food magazine, Jeongyeon's father nods obligingly, placing it down before giving her his full attention.

She breathes, then takes a sip on his glass of red wine, mentally preparing herself for a flood of emotions that might come through.

"Promise me you'll listen," she says, raising her pinky finger. 

"I promise!" he swears, hooking his own pinky finger with hers and smiles. "I can't believe you're in your thirties."

Jeongyeon glares at him, pushing back on her chair and shrugs, "Yeah, I feel the same. Anyways," she starts, resting her hands on the armrest as she frets.

"You think Jimin still prefers me as his wife? Uh, possibly as a mother to his child too?"

Her father furrows his brows, slightly caught off-guard by the question. To him, this is out of character for Jeongyeon; as in all her daughters, she's not the type to ask for his opinions on personal matters like this.

Yet he takes time to think of an answer, basing off of Jimin's actions recently. Though he hasn't seen him in a while, he'd usually ask Seungyeon about him and whatever she knows about his daughter's marriage with the man.

He knew about what happened, but had chosen to let Jeongyeon decide if she wants to talk about it with him or not. All he could give her is his love and support, his belief in her capability to heal through it on her own. 

His father knew he raised a fighter. 

After thinking through, he stares into her eyes and nods slowly, "I don't know why you're asking me that but I think... it isn't like he has any other choice anyway."

"Dad!"

"W-what?"

"You're being mean. What other choice? You're annoying."

He laughs, shaking his head, "Well, you asked me. That's my answer."

"I'm serious..."

"What do you want me to say then?"

"The truth!"

Jeongyeon pleads through her eyes, pouting like a child in front of her father, not minding the people around them at the restaurant. 

This is the dinner he promised her a few weeks ago, his way of making up for missing the launch of her little charity organization with her group.

One of the pros in this is that her father isn't the kind to invade her privacy, let alone ask questions after questions that could make her feel uncomfortable.

But there's a con, which is the way he would take every word she says as a joke or a laughing matter. He might just be doing it to brighten her up but sometimes, she needed an honest, serious opinion when decision-making is taking a toll on her.