(Special) To go and grow

I will hold my breath, close my eyes

Close my ears and go to that place

With you in my arms, holding hands

To that place

♡♡♡

Banging into their door at two in the morning is their eldest, her sobs heard through the cracks. Taehyung managed to open an eye, then another, slightly sitting up to see if he's not dreaming at all.

There's a loud knock on the door, and a whimper. He slipped into his shirt and walked over, scratching his head as he turned the knob.

"Ara? What happened? What's wrong?"

Choking on her cries, Taehyung carefully shut the door and held his daughter's hand and guided her to the kitchen. He poured her a glass of water and she sat on a chair, still sobbing.

"Talk to me when you can and you're okay, I'll be waiting--"

"Papa, I saw him..."

"Who?"

"Miguel. At the festival, with a girl from our class."

Taehyung narrowed his eyes, suddenly confused at the name. And then, when familiarity struck him, he dropped a hand on the counter, his palm straight on the wood.

He flinched at the sound and the pain but quickly recomposed himself.

"Miguel, your boyfriend?"

"He's not--"

Shaking his head in disapproval, he skipped near Ara and started rubbing the back of her head. 

"Your mom kind of sort of told me. He's that lifeguard, right? The reason you took swimming lessons in that resort."

Looking up at him, Ara flushed a cherry red on her cheeks. "Papa.. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you."

Grinning with his infamous boxy smile, Taehyung ruffled her hair, "Nah, it's good. Papa's turning fifty-six soon and is already struggling with memory like your grandpa, even if you told me prior I wouldn't have remembered anyway."

"Papa, don't say that!" Ara said, wiping her tears as she chuckled.

Leaning down, Taehyung pinched both sides of her cheeks and laughed, "There goes my baby's big smile! I love to see it. So, tell me, should I go for him or the girl?"

"No -- that's not.. necessary. I just, I was hurt. I mean, I still am. But my friends are all asleep now and the signal's been acting up so I came knocking at your door instead. I just needed someone to listen."

He pouted, "Aww baby, go on, I'll listen to you. What do you want to do now? I mean, how long have you two been seeing each other anyway?"

"Seven months? Actually, I told mom about the early signs Miguel was cheating on me but she said not to confront him unless I have actual proof. Now, I saw it with my own eyes."

He nodded.

"Your mom's right, though? But now, what do you think is the right thing to do, with the actual proof you have?"

She sighed, "It's not like I took a picture or anything, I just saw it. But I wanted to talk to him and tell him I saw them, and maybe..." she paused.