26 - To touch and ignite

disclaimer: smut (?) but ofc they're married, soooo 😇

♡♡♡

My eyes start to roll
To the curl of your lips
In the center of eclipse
In total darkness I,
I reach out and touch

"Why does this feel awkward?" is the first question that pops into her mind as Jimin crawls into the bed right next to her, with very little distance separating them.

The mattress feels thick and thin at the same time, and the blanket, though clean and expensive, seems too rough and sticky for some odd reason.

Jeongyeon stares for a bit long at the ceiling, contemplating whether to scoot closer or stay in place; yet staying only gets the awkwardness overpower everything.

It overpowers the way her heart is racing and her palms are sweating from under the covers, and when she decides to push the sheet down to hopefully dry them out, Jimin would shift next to her, as if preparing himself for contact.

The moment is so much like the time they first laid on the bed back in 10th grade, that nerve-wracking seconds until all their held innocence would fade away once their skin would touch.

If there is something they both learned about intimacy, it is that it is best understood with experience. With a culture and society that set them on a straight, planned out path, exploring themselves, and other people, comes not with textbooks or manuals, but solid, first-hand experience.

Jimin is a perfectionist, he was once and to this day, he still is--except for when Jeongyeon is in that close proximity. In that quiet, dark room that is once shut and empty because Seokjin doesn't normally invite guests over; Jimin doesn't know exactly what to do.

And so, with her question, he just looks at her, eyes crinkling at the sides with a smile growing every millisecond. He wishes it was easy to simply blurt out the words, "You don't need to hide anything from me... not even feel awkward or uneasy," but it is clearly not, so he hopes his smile could ease it up in a way.

Sure, it did help because Jeongyeon finds it as a sign to scoot over, just a tad bit closer to his body that feels like that heat of a summer they first kissed, and the year after, when they made love, or at least learned how to touch with respect and love.

"Remember that camp in 10th grade?" she asks, head laying on the soft pillow as her hand is propped underneath for warmth whilst looking into his eyes that lit even in darkness.

She could feel him breathing, and faintly, there's his heart beating slowly, relaxed, as if it's placed right where it should be.

He hums, moving to prop on his elbow so he could see her face fully, with the background of a full-body mirror right ahead of the curtains that cover the large window, positioned rather strange, but Seokjin loves mirrors; that is quite understandable.

"I do, you sneaked into my tent for a hug because you were cold.... when it's high on the summer," he recalls, grinning on his last line, and by her reaction, the awkward tension starts to dwindle.

"I was not!" she belts, voice raising slightly in defensive tone, he chuckles, and Jeongyeon could swear there are another universe in his crescent eyes.

"That's what you said," he mutters, which she sighs upon, as if conceding defeat.

"I guess so. But sure this felt like that night, don't you think?" she says, stomach swarmed with butterflies just as the memories of all the sneaking out at midnights, and late night boat rides without parental supervision, coil within her.