17 - To love and live

a/n: filler but make it 3.6k words

preggy jeongie agenda here requires research so... i need time, ok?

♡♡♡

"Give your heart and soul to me

And life will always be la vie en rose"

Waking up to the tune of her favorite lullaby when she was younger, Jiyeon pushes down her fluffy cotton blanket and sits up on her bed, slowly rubbing her eyes then yawns, covering her mouth while she trails her gaze around.

She hears an acoustic guitar playing, little hums and soft giggles echo inside her ears and a smile tugs upon her lips. 

"Oh," she says, seeing the tiny crack by the door, it's slightly open and she catches a pink envelope in between the space and the frame.

She gets out of the bed, and walks over, stopping to crouch down and looks at the object carefully. "What is this?" she wonders to herself, and takes the envelope in her hand and flips it open.

Jiyeon frowns, tilting her head forward to peek into its content, then slipping her fingers to bring out a piece of paper, also in pink and her eyes widen at the scent of roses emanating from inside the envelope.

Turning the paper around, Jiyeon sees a polaroid photo of a girl and a boy. She squints her eyes, nibbling at her lip trying to recognize whoever they are.

She couldn't figure it out so she skips and starts to read the words written on the paper. 

"Do you know who these are? Take a guess. They loved building sand castles, riding bikes across town after a long, hard week at school, and most especially, playing hide and seek that unfortunately would always end up with a fight. Now, do you recognize them?"

Jiyeon slumps on the floor, placing the paper next to her then taking the photo to try her luck for the second time around, this time a loud scream emits from her mouth as she finally remembers.

"Oh my!!!!" 

There, the two lovely little pre-teens in the polaroid photo scurries towards her room, their bodies colliding as they race for the door. 

Jimin and Jeongyeon clamors, pushing the door wide open revealing Jiyeon still sprawled on the floor with her head lifted up, and her eyes in big round circles.

She gasps, then blinks comically once she meets their giggly faces.

"What are you doing? Are you guys okay?"

Jeongyeon wiggles her brows at her, showing her a grin, "Good morning, baby chick! We're home!" she exclaims, spreading her arms for a hug.

Jiyeon jumps off quickly and wraps her arms around her, burying her face into Jeongyeon's stomach as she inhales her scent.

"Oooh, roses. Did you spray it again all over the house?" she says sweetly, before chuckling lightly. "I missed you, mom."

Jimin clears his throat, bending over to take the photo, the paper and the envelope and holds them out as he calls for his child's attention.