25 - Always connected

♡♡♡

Let your arms be a place she feels safe in
She's the best thing that you'll ever have
She'll love you
If you love her like that

The truth is, Taehyung knew Jimin was on his way back as Jeongyeon told him. He was about to ask him about Haeun's letter, and all the things he wanted to hear but someone was pretty desperate.

Jeongyeon begged him not to open the door for his best friend, to which he asked the reason why but she brushed him off saying he's meeting her father, and not her, and just wanted to know what he'll do.

Without the key to his car and a better pair of clothing, Jimin grunts in annoyance, choosing to give up on knocking as Taehyung could have fallen asleep out of crying so much.

Jimin knows him well enough, he's going to have a hard time absorbing the news of him becoming a father of twins.

Walking down the stairs to the lobby, he fishes out his wallet for his card and hails a taxi right outside the premises, ignoring the frustration of him presenting his not-so-presentable self to the love of his life after almost a year.

He stays silent as the ride goes on, until he arrives at Seokjin's place approximately fourty minutes away from Taehyung's.

It's a three-storey house, garage on the ground level, the living and dining on the second, and the bedrooms to the third; Seokjin seems to be someone with a family of his own by how neat and child-friendly his home is.

But he's not—he's just one of those award-winning uncles a.k.a babysitters on date nights of his friends, that's how he decided to choose the design that fits in the side job he has.

Upon reaching the front door, Jimin takes his time to fix his hair and his sweats, panting as his heart wouldn't stop beating out of his chest.

He doesn't know what to expect. With no idea of what Jeongyeon looks like now, many months of being separated made him think that maybe her appearance changed a bit.

And as he is somehow stuck, staring down at his feet, unmoving, the door clicks open.

It creaks ever so slightly, revealing the face he has been craving to see for a long time.

Jeongyeon peeks out her head, blooming as a spring flower, shining like a star that freckle the sky; Jimin is left speechless.

She smiles, no, she beams like the sun rising in a summer morning, pulling the door fully open.

The moment he sees her in the softest looking knit dress he's ever had his eyes on, and her hair longer than the last time he'd seen them, Jimin knows he's already taken.

Sure, it feels just like the first time. His mind traces back to when he saw her not as a friend but so much more than that, middle school, that was then...

Yet the intensity of the spark is still there, the fire stays burning even after more than decades of being in love with her.

She scans him quick, eyes returning to look into his own orbs, waiting for a word if he has one in mind.

And when he doesn't say anything but stare at her, she offers a handshake... like they are nothing but mere strangers to each other.