21 - Far from home

a/n: hi! so, just letting you know that there are only 8 chapters left + epilogue for this fic. to those who are still here after Waves, thank you so much! i wouldn't reach this far if it weren't for you. in fact, maybe there wouldn't even be a sequel at all. 

so, from the bottom of my heart, i want to let you know how grateful i am! 

anyway... this chapter makes me wanna pull my hair out, 

get us another box of tissue please thank you.

♡♡♡

Standing in front of the door with bloodshot eyes and trembling knees, Jeongyeon recalls the same memory she had as she waits for it to open.

It's like déjà vu, to when she boarded the plane and dared to not look back though in the end, she still did. 

She doesn't know why, but where she last stood hours ago happened to be not too far from the place she is at right now. 

All she could hope for is that at least he'd let her in.

And then there's a click, the knob twists down and the door opens very slightly.

She didn't knock or ring the doorbell, she just stayed there, waiting for something, for someone.

There, with a bottle of wine in hand and a silly grin to his face is no other than Kim Taehyung. He spreads the door open, revealing a mess all over, and the scent of alcohol reeking out of the place.

Taehyung doesn't seem so unbothered himself, as he steps right back inside, waving the bottle as if inviting her to drink with him.

And it takes another minute before he notices how distraught Jeongyeon is, and he let the wine bottle roll into his couch before he rushes to her side that is somehow stuck by the front door.

"Damn, what happened? Wait... what are you doing here? Huh?"

He glances at the clock on the wall, frowning as he sees the time. Almost midnight. Taehyung looks at her curiously, scrutinizing her, trying to see anything he could find.

Jeongyeon stares blankly at him, no words would come out of her mouth until a lone tear escapes on the side of her eye, and Taehyung brings up his thumb to wipe it away.

"A fight? Is that it?"

Taehyung knows about what happened, yet even though it's killing him now to hear what went on when he wasn't around her and Jimin, he decides not to ask and lets her speak on her own accord and maybe then, he'll do something.

He doesn't wait for her to answer, and he pulls her by the wrist to the kitchen where he pours water over a glass and hands it to her. Downing it in one go, Jeongyeon is still left in silence.

That is, until Taehyung's phone rings from the living room. She stops him, eyes pleading. 

"Don't tell him I'm here, please."

He simply nods then grabs his phone, as Jeongyeon continues to stare at nothing, on the dining table with an empty mind. Later, Taehyung comes back with a smile on his face, sitting across of her on the table.

"He's looking for you but I said you're not here, don't worry. Anyways, what happened huh? You know--I wasn't supposed to ask, but Jimin sounded alarmed. Worried sick. Shouldn't you guys talk instead?"