09 - Right where they belong

♡♡♡

"Without a doubt, let me be clear

You are the reason, I'm still here"

Afterwards, she pecks him and giggles at how he looks and acts so much like his daughter. She still finds it adorable how uncanny their similarities are.

She gets off the bed, slipping onto a velvet robe and walks out the door, making sure not to make any noise. The thought of Haeun sleeping on the couch bothers her, and Jeongyeon's curiosity over why she came in the first place worrying her.

Haeun snores softly, shifting a little when Jeongyeon goes to sit on the far end of the couch to check up on her. She leans forward and places her palm on her forehead, then one on her own to see if she has a fever.

Jeongyeon nods, sighing as she finds her looking better than earlier. She quickly goes back to the bedroom, taking out an extra blanket then rushing to tuck her in.

Haeun scrunches her nose, eyes squeezing shut before slowly opening them. She parts her lip, wanting to say something. Jeongyeon smiles down at her, hands grasping the sheet, now splayed across her body.

"Uh, M-Mrs. Park," Haeun mutters, lips forming in a pout. "Sorry for this. Sorry for coming."

"What happened? Tell me," Jeongyeon asks, standing up to sit on the accent chair behind her. She crossed her legs, and placed her hands on both of the armrests, and faces her.

Haeun pushes the blanket slightly then gets up to sit, wiping off her face with the back of her hand. She smiles at her, intertwining her fingers as she adjusts her position.

"That couch does a lot of miracles, you know?" Jeongyeon jokes, a little smirk on her as she tries to make the woman feel comfortable.

She widens her eyes and chuckles, brushing her fingers through her messy hair, "Yeah, it seems like it," she agrees.

"Well, are you sure you're okay? Do you want me to take you to the hospital? Uhm, what about anything to drink? Have you had your dinner?"

Jeongyeon floods her with questions, uncrossing her legs and moving forward. She doesn't want to sound serious, after analyzing the tension in the air.

Something could've happened, that she's sure as he sees her in slight discomfort.

Haeun forces back a smile, her once relaxed state crumbling down as she notices her senior's worried gaze. She feels bad that her sudden appearance may have ruined Jeongyeon's supposed dinner date with her husband, and so she avoids her eyes.

Seconds passed, turning to a minute before she musters out all the courage to speak. She turns to her, breathing heavily as she opens her mouth. Jeongyeon lifts up her head, nodding her way.

"Uhm, actually... Something came up and I had no one to uh, talk to? It's not like me to confide with someone about my feelings but then," she starts, sounding like she's both careful with her words, and at the same time hesitant.

Jeongyeon stays quiet, before getting up and going over to the kitchen to boil some tea for her. "This will help you relax," she mumbles as she takes out a spoonful of tea granules from a canister.

Haeun nods, standing up to follow her. She sits on a bar stool, watching her senior's every movement, "Thank you," she whispers just enough for her to hear.

Jeongyeon closes the pot and adjusts the heat before smiling back at her, "I may not be a very sociable person but, I secretly like having friends over. I love entertaining guests," she explains, surprising Haeun and her smile grows wider.