10 - Nothing to everything

♡♡♡

"There's not many people, 

I'd honestly say I don't mind losing to

But there's nothing, like doing nothing with you"

One year ago

"You ready?"

Draped in a white dress shirt over a simple yet elegant custom-tailored suit, tie, and a pair of slacks, which were all in black; Jimin carried himself with grace and beauty, something that left onlookers in awe.

His hometown and old school friends gathered in front of him, watched in astonishment at how the man had grown over the years. His family and a number of relatives on the side stood high on different emotions, tears pouring however in a mix of delight and sadness.

Sad and beautiful; that was how Jimin's mother had described how she felt about that day. Never in her life as a loving and caring parent to her children had she thought of bringing back time. 

That time when her eldest son was a young child, his incredible energy radiating off of him as he ran and played around their little house, his big, bright, and adorable smile a source of strength to her, she missed it so much. 

Yet his mother knew ever since that one day, things will eventually change. He'll grow up to be somebody he's meant to be, and his youth will remain a memory, one of which she wanted him to cherish for a lifetime. Who he was hopefully will leave a mark on who he would be someday.

And on the day he was about to marry the person none of the guests, let alone him believed he was bound to be with, Jimin's mother realized that who her son was growing up, a major part of it consisted of a connection he had with someone.

A soul she had always adored, her son's other half, Jeongyeon unconsciously built an unbreakable bond between her and Jimin. Something bigger than the world, and stronger, that won't ever rip apart. She played a huge role in his life, and helped him grow beautifully.

His mother, despite feeling a tiny crack in her heart as she saw her son's eyes glistening in tears on the platform waiting for the love of his life, smiled at the remembrance of the person she could only trust in taking his hands in her own; and it was more than enough she had hoped for.

"Earth to Jimin, are you okay?"

Taehyung waved his hands off his face, and Jimin quickly gathered himself. He squeezed his eyes shut and wiped the little tears above his cheeks.

"Uh, yeah I... I'm fine, what time is it?"

"Three minutes left. Here, wipe it with this," Taehyung answered, handing him his handkerchief.

Carefully, Jimin dabbed the cloth around his face, sweat threatening to fall down the sides of his face when the tall, double mahogany doors swung wide open.

All eyes turned around, white and gold flashed from the walls and lights outside towards the entryway as the entourage stood on a line. They were dressed in ivory lace dresses and black suits. There were fresh white rose petals on the way, spread out on the red carpet, sheer woven silk hung on each metal stands painted in cream as a bunch of gypsophila and other tiny leaves arranged in slim ceramic pots on the aisle.