5

I was actually surprised midari brought me back to my class.

But of course right as I entered the class-

"(Y/n)! You're here!" Yumeko came running to the door of the class to give me a hug. "I thought you weren't going to be here today I was so sad!" She clung onto my chest.

"Yumeko get off the poor girl!" Mary said getting up from her seat to take Yumeko off of me.

I laughed at Mary and Yumeko. "It's alright guys I was just talking to the student council but I'm here now."

"Student council?" Yumeko expression changed. It looked cold and angry. "What did they want? What did they tell you?" She questioned.

"Nothing much. Midari was just introducing me to everyone." I said.

Yumeko gave a disgusted face.

"What's wrong? You don't like the student council or midari?" I questioned her reaction.

"The student council better not do anything to you. Don't let them control you, but don't disobey them. I don't want your life going to shit because of them." Yumeko whispered into my ears.

I wasn't planning on letting them control me. I wasn't a house pet and I don't plan to become one, because I plan on winning.

"Don't worry." I responded going back to my seat.

"Hi Ryota" I smiled at the brown haired boy.

"Hello." He smiled back. "What was that all about? Yumeko looked angry." He questioned.

"Midari introduced me to the members of the student council. It's not that big of a deal." I said lightly patting the boys hair.

Ryota was always a soft boy. He let Yumeko and Mary walk all over him. The past while, I'd become close to him and like his right hand man.

He looked down in embarrassment. "O-okay."

Things went back to normal. Yumeko was her usual clingy self and Mary was playing quick poker with Yumeko. Ryota and I talked most of the day and before I knew it, the bell had rung.

And like always, midari was waiting outside of my class.

"Did you skip again?" I scolded the girl.

"Aw come on you know I hate my homeroom teacher!" She whined.

"Let's go I'm tired of this shit hole." She said grabbing onto my arm walking towards the main entrence.

"You're coming to my place aight?" It was more like a demand than a question, but it didn't matter, I was totally okay going to her house. I've never been there but I had an idea.

I texted my mom before getting an "Okay" text back.

Midari and I had waited at the bus stop together and finally got onto the bus. We went to the back and continued to talk like we normally did everyday. We passed the stop I usually got off at and midari told me it wasn't far after.

A couple stops later, midari grabbed my hand getting up. She let go of my hand as we walked off the bus together.

"It's just around the block." She said pointing to the left. I walked alongside her until she walked up the driveway of what I assumed was her house.

It was huge. Now that I think about it, all of the houses were huge. These gamblers are for real. Crazy. I'd kill to live in a place like this.

I was surprised when she knocked on the door and didn't just open it up herself. Was this not her house?