23

"Mom?" I asked as she walked down the stairs and into the kitchen where I was sitting nervously.

Yumemi had encouraged me to tell my mom about her. No surprise im scared though. I chose my mother only because I knew my father wouldn't understand. My mom is a girl, and she'd reason with me, not just not understand and hate on me like most men in my family would.

"What're you doing in the kitchen?" She asked as i pat the dining room chair next to me.

"Can I say something?" I asked as she sat down beside me with a confused look on her face.

Now it was my time to stay quiet. Fuck. Just spit it out! Say something!

"Don't be nervous." She put her hand on My shoulder as I looked up at her.

"I'm dating someone." I spit out before holding your breath.

"Oh...okay? Who is he?" She asked as I knew this was the last thing I wanted her to ask.

"She." I corrected, not wanting to just flat out say "its a girl not a boy."

"Oh.." she looked at me in the eye as her hand left my shoulder and I tensed up.

Don't disapprove me please
Don't hate me
Don't see me as abnormal
Please

"That's okay!" She smiled as I lifted my head up. Tears struggling to hold in as her smile seemed supportive.

"Who is she?" She asked as I pulled out my phone, showing her my lock screen, a picture of the two of us at her house during that sleepover, with both of our makeup done and her kissing my cheek as we both had the biggest smiles plastered across our faces.

"She's really pretty." My mom smiled before nodding.

"Y'know now that I think about it, you never seemed like the type to actually want to date guys. You never talked about them, and when you did, it was you telling me how annoying they are." She giggled as I smiled back.

"You could've told me earlier. I'm your mother, do you really think I'd get mad at you for being yourself? I love you for who you are." She smiled as I felt a teardrop fall from my eye to my cheek.

Fuck why am I crying?

"Come here." She scooted in her chair closer to me with arms wide, noticing I was crying. I hugged her tightly as she rubbed my back.

And then just like that it was done. My mom told me she wouldn't tell anyone.

'Yumemi she's okay with us!!' I smiled at my phone while wiping up the last tear in my eye.

'Seriously??' She asked as I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

'Yes! Yumemi she's okay with us being girlfriends! She even called you cute!' I cheered through text as I saw three dots on her end of the text.

'I'm on my way.'

Wait what? No no, why? I mean I want to see her! But isn't it too much! I mean I just told my mom!

But I knew there was no stopping Yumemi and after 20 minutes, I heard knocking on the door.

No way she actually came.

"Wait mom!" I tried rushing down the stairs before my mother while she was going to get the door. But by the time I was down there the door was already open and standing in front of my mother was Yumemi, holding a cake with a goofy smile on her face.

"Yumemi why're you here!" I pestered as I ran up to her going past my mom.

"To celebrate? Now let me in I brought cake." She smiled as I stared wide eyed at her.

Is this the first impression she's going to make in front of my mother?

"So you're Yumemi." My mother voiced from behind me as I turned around and Yumemi looked at her.

"Come in." My mother nodded in approval as Yumemi stepped into my house, fiddling with her shoes before walking to the kitchen to place the cake.

"You brought cake... for what reason?" I asked as she tilted her head.

"Because your mother, this kind woman, is accepting of the both of us. So I want to show gratitude." She grit her teeth so I knew she was going to put on this super nice act to make sure my mother trusted her enough to actually do things together alone.

"Well thank you." My mother smiled as she walked towards the utensils cabinet to grab something to cut the cake.

"What flavour did you get?" My mother asked Yumemi as Yumemi looked at me with a smirk.

"(Fav cake)"

"That's (y/n)'s favorite cake!" She smiled as Yumemi shrugged.

"I know my girlfriend well." She giggled as I rolled my eyes. The only reason she knew my favourite cake was because she asked me yesterday knowing I'd tell my mother today.

She planned all of this.

My mom cut the cake as Yumemi and I began munching instantly.

"You really do have good taste in cake (y/n)" Yumemi smiled after swallowing a big bite, going in for another.

"Stop eating so fast you're going to choke!" I giggled as she pouted with cake in her cheeks, making her look like a chipmunk.

"You're so dumb." I shook my head with a laugh as Yumemi nodded with a smile.

"So this is how third wheeling feels?" My mother asked as I looked at her at the corner of the table eating a small piece of cake. She was smiling.

"I'll leave. You guys enjoy." She smiled before taking the last bite and putting the plate in the sink.

"Thank you Mrs (l/n)" Yumemi spoke as my mother nodded.

"Call me (mom's f/n)" she smiled as she left the room, Yumemi looking bright eyed at me as my cheeks filled with embarrassment.

"Your mother is actually nice!" Yumemi smiled, holding her hands out as I grabbed onto them.

"Now eat your damn cake and get outta here." I giggled as she rolled her eyes jokingly, stuffing her face with cake again.

"You're going to choke!"

~

And just like that, it was over. My mother knew and she was fine with it. Yumemi and I would also be able to do more things now, but my mother would probably be more cautious.