17

"Hey are you alright?" Yumemi asked as i sighed, falling into her arms to give her a hug.

"Why does everyone hate me?" I asked as he pulled me away, looking into my eyes.

"Who hates you?" She asked as I frowned naturally while thinking about the whole Ryota and midari thing.

"Everyone." I grumbled as she pushed the hair out of my face.

"Let's sit down." She said as she helped me walk backstage and sit on the couch.

"What happened?" She asked as I looked at her, knowing damn well I was about to dump the whole story on her.

"I was playing games with Ryota in my room, then I asked him for advice and he got sad and left without a word. I haven't heard him since! Midari hasn't texted me since the time we went to the mall together and it's like Yumeko and Mary have been distancing themselves from me!" I told her as I knew it was a lot to take in.

"Backing up to just the Ryota part. He got sad because you asked him for advice? What kind of advice?" She asked as I looked at her wondering if I should tell her or not.

"Relationship advice." I answered truthfully as she looked at me.

"And what did you say that made him leave?" She asked as I shook my head.

"I don't know! I just told him that I wanted help to talk to the girl I like!" I blurted out as she looked at me.

"Do you think maybe that's because he likes you?" She asked as I looked to the ground, now realizing that maybe she was right. I mean, I let him stay over my house, spent so much time with him and genuinely showed him how much I cared about him. No kidding he'd probably feel like im special to him.

"Fuck." I whispered as Yumemi held onto my shoulder.

"Well, that's your first problem. And by the way, if you ever need relationship advice, I'm your girl." She winked as I smiled at her attempt to make me happy.

"Also that part about midari? I think that's just her being mad you spent your time with me that day at the mall and not her. She'll turn around, I know it." She smiled as I nodded.

"Thank you Yumemi." I smiled as she hugged me.

"Never say 'everyone' because no matter what I'm on your side." She smiled as i hugged her back.

~

I had decided on something. I wanted to tell Yumemi how i felt. But i didn't know the right opportunity.

Yumemi was right about midari, her and i being back to normal after a quick talk about wether or not i actually liked Yumemi.

She really thought about how I liked her, understanding why I lied to her about what I was doing on the weekend. She knew I knew she didn't like Yumemi, but whatever made me happy was what she wanted, and that made me feel more than grateful.

Ryota on the other hand, hasn't really been talking to me. He would sit in class, not saying a word as I wanted to talk to him, but knew saying anything would just make him uncomfortable.

He was my greatest supporter at our performances and yet, he wasn't there. Yumemi knew I was sad by the end of the performance and took me out for desert to talk about it. I missed talking to Ryota and the others. They were my friends.

Midari had come up with a plan for the Yumemi situation and Yumemi had come up with the plan for the Ryota situation.

~

"Ryota, can I talk to you?" I asked as I sat next to the boy after class had ended.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I said as I looked at the boy.

"I am such an idiot. And I'm sorry I didn't realize anything. Ryota, you're my friend! I know I do dumb things and am so oblivious but I care about you!" I told him as he looked away.

"It's fine." He whispered.

'It's fine' was his go to catch phrase when things definitely weren't fine.

"Ryota, do you like me?" I asked as he nodded.

"That's okay. It's okay to have those feelings. It's normal." I said as i hugged the boy as he hugged me back.

"This won't ruin anything Ryota. Rejections fucking suck, I know they do, but you mean so much to me, know that." I told him as he pulled away from the hug.

"I know. Friends." He tried his best to smile as I stayed with him.

"And I'm happy. About the girl you like. She's lucky." He smiled as I gave him a gentle smile in return.

~

"Okay so the plan. On the night of your next performance, you get that microphone and tell her you love her in front of everyone." Midari smirked as I slapped her hand.

"Yeah and get rejected in front of a whole crowd?! No thank you!" I said as she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah but if she says yes it'll be a huge ass thing! Everyone will love you two! You'll get more fans and more publicity!" She told you as you grunted.

"Midari this is me and Yumemi we're taking about. Not the fans." I told her as she sighed.

"Hey, I'm just saying! Either way I think admitting it on the night of your performance is the best option." She told me as I sighed.

"Fine. FINE! I'll do it." I groaned as midari grabbed onto my shoulders, shaking me.

"That's my girl!" She smiled as I nodded in agreement.

I just hoped I didn't pussy out before then.

I hadn't told Yumemi, knowing on the night of surprise her with my confession, either getting her to like me back, or getting rejected and possibly dropping out of the whole "duo idol" thing. I knew that tension between the two of us was not good for anyone. The last thing I wanted was to fuck up her reputation as an idol and a person.

Ryota and I stayed apart, yet still cared about each other. A lot.

I called him a lot, and usually asked if he wanted to come over my place so he can chill and not worry about his parents.

I wanted to see if he was okay, all the time.