9

I had begun to get closer to Ryota. Midari hates me for hanging out with such a "pussy" as she describes him. I don't mind him though. He's nice, plus unlike midari, he doesn't swear constantly and actually says proper sentences.

He would constantly blush around me, I don't really know what's up with that, but it's kind of cute. I'm not sure why I like being with ryota.

Midari, on the other hand, was like my sister. Literally. She had met my mother, although she had to dress up as a fool, remove her piercings, and make up a stupid story about how she lost her eye. She couldn't just tell my mom she sold it in a gamble.

Midari tried so hard to be respectful to my mother and I was so proud of her for not losing her shit when my mother mentioned her bracelet being "old fashioned" it wasn't even an insult, my mother probably thought she'd take it as a compliment. When we got into my room that day, she took the bracelet off and threw it into the garbage can in my room.

I went to yumemis friend every day after school, who taught me the dance for the performance next week. Yumemi would talk to me constantly and reminded me that I'm going to do well. She's actually really supportive. I had nailed the choreography and Yumemi had gotten a custom dress for me. I thanked her dearly and even payed her for it. 

Yumemi has told me previously that when she gambles, she does it on stage in front of her fans. She likes a big crowd, and all eyes on her, although she did admit her fans annoy her.

I understood. The way she described the fans as ugly smelly guys made me want to puke. If I had random guys like that constantly following me around and praising me as some type of godess, I wouldn't be too happy either.

She told me to be prepared, however, considering her fans would soon be my fans since were a duo now.

I knew the consequences to fame, and I was willing to take the challenge.

I had told my mom that next week on Friday, I would be home late. She knows I'm in yumemis club, but she didn't know much, and she definitely didn't know I'm going to become an idol with Yumemi, and gamble alongside her in the future.

She said alright and that was conversation closed.

It was Monday. Tomorrow, Yumemi and I would go thorough our last rehearsal before the performance the next night.

________

"Hey (y/n)." I heard a voice whisper from across me.

"Yeah?" I whispered back to him.

Ryota looked up at the teacher before continuing to whisper to me, not wanting to get caught.

"On Wednesday, I snagged 3 front row tickets to your performance." He smiled.

"Really?" I asked, trying not to be excited, although I was.

"Yeah. Me, Mary and Yumeko will be cheering you on." He smiled.

I blushed. "Thank you."

He nodded before going back to paying attention to the teacher.

Ryota would be cheering me on. No ones every said that to me, besides Yumemi.

My face flushed at the compliments I've received since starting at this school. Midari doesn't compliment, well she does but we're best friends so it's a little different. We mock eachother as a way of being rude yet nice? Our friendship is so weird now that I think about it.

Yumeko was very clingy, especially to Mary. She talks to me about her past experiences as a gambler and is really open with me about her family.

Mary likes to listen. She acts like she dislikes Yumeko and her constant need for affection, but I know she loves her.