16

'So you're not going to text me?' Midari texted me as i grunted.

'Midari what is it you want me to tell you?'

'Do you like her?'

'I don't know!'

'So you do?!'

'Midari I don't know much about feelings, nor do I care.'

'You're my best friend dude, I wanted to know!'

'Yeah well sometimes I don't tell people things because I'm not the type to share shit'

'Yeah but I didn't even know you were interested in girls'

'Neither did i!'

'Oh'

Well now it was awkward. I didn't care much about sexuality, I just let things flow, but now midari has to point out the fact that I like yumemi. I didn't even know I liked her until she said it.

Fuck how didn't I realize sooner.

Did this make me lesbian? I mean I haven't really liked someone else the way I like her, and relationships in the past never felt real.

Honestly I don't know, but all I know is that I like Yumemi. And that's all that matters.

I placed my phone down as I tried to sleep, trying to forget about midari and focus on the amazing day I had with Yumemi.

~

"Good morning honey." I looked up to see Yumemi kiss my forehead.

"Yumemi?" I asked as she smiled.

"Yes?" She asked as I looked into her face.

"What's...?" You wondered as you looked around your room, noticing it wasn't the same as your room.

"What're you looking at baby?" She asked as I turned to her.

"Baby?" I asked as she nodded.

"What's wrong? You love when I call you my baby girl." She frowned as i stood up from my bed to see her closer.

"Yumemi?" I asked as she smiled.

"Yes honey?" She smiled as i pressed my lips on hers.

This wasn't real. I knew this wasn't. But who cares. Who gives a fuck. I have this moment and I'm not going to let it go.

"I love you." I said as her eyes twinkled.

"We are dating, so of course you do!" She giggled as I pressed her body against mine.

"Yumemi I love you." I said as I kissed her again, her wrapping her arms around my waist.

"I love you too, (y/n)" she kissed me back as I pulled away, breathing heavily.

"Your body is so warm." I smiled as she rubbed the back of my head.

"..." I saw her mouth moving but didn't hear anything come out.

"Yumemi?" I asked again as she became blurry.

~

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Fuck!" I groaned, smashing down on my alarm clock as i rubbed my eyes.

"That was just a stupid dream." I whined as i looked at the time.

"It's Sunday, why the hell do I even have this stupid thing set to go off in the morning?" I whispered as I laid in my bed, looking down at my body, wishing i could fall asleep and continue that dream with Yumemi.

I felt like a child. Having stupid romance dreams with my crush? Imagine how Yumemi would feel if she knew about this.

Not to mention she's been in two of my dreams in the past week? How does that even happen?

~

I put on the ring Yumemi and I got, going to school with it, feeling happy.

I didn't see midari today. She'd usually meet me before class, but it was okay. Maybe she'd turn around soon. I know it's not my fault nor was it hers. It was just a misunderstanding on both of our parts.

Class had ended and i went to the theatre, seeing Yumemi sit on the stage, swaying her legs against the backboard of the stage as i ran up to her.

"(Y/n)!" She smiled as I hugged her.

"Ah today was so long!" I groaned as I sat next to her.

"Let me see your hand?" She said as she grabbed onto my hand, lifting it before smiling.

"You're wearing it!" She cheered as she lifted her right hand up, showing me her hand which had the ring on as well.

"That's so cute!" I smiled as she did as well.

"Alright alright. Enough of that. We've got practice to do." She said as she stood up, me following her as we learned new steps.

Yumemi and I had another performance, having to once again constantly practice.

I was beginning to accept my feelings, getting all flustered around the girl every time I saw her.

We practiced day by day, as more and more days passed by, I realized how much more time I was spending with Yumemi more than anyone else. Midari, Ryota, Mary and Yumeko were still friends, but compared to Yumemi and I, it was nothing to compare.

I loved her. I really did.

~

"Ryota can I talk to you?" I asked the boy as he nodded.

I played video games with him before stopping, asking if we could have a real conversation.

"I like someone." I told him honestly as he blushed instantly.

"And I want her to like me back." I said as I covered my eyes.

"...her?" He asked as I looked up at the boy.

"Y-yeah." I said as the boy didn't seem too happy.

"What's.. wrong?" I asked as the boy kept his mouth shut

15 seconds of silence passed as i began getting irritated.

"Ryota!" I said as I grabbed onto his arm.

"Don't." He pulled his arm away as he held onto his bag.

"(Y/n), I think I'm gonna go." He stood up from my bed as he walked out of my room.

"Ryota Wait! Why're you leaving? Talk to me!" I said as he walked out of the door not looking back.

I slammed the door to my room shut as I jumped on my bed, curling up in a ball.

"Why?"
"What'd I do wrong this time?"

I sighed to myself wondering why the fuck I always ruin things, contemplating if I should apologize or if I should ask what was wrong because to be completely honest I have no idea why he acted that way.