6

It was November now, and I had to decide on a club before the student council chose to put me in one themselves.

I constantly asked midari if I could join her and her club, but she said I wouldn't be interested in it. I wasn't. I went with her one day just to see what it was about. She is in the graffiti club, and what they do is spray paint art to objects and posters for the school.

Midari gave me a face mask when I went to check it out with her. It was crazy hard to breathe as she shook the spray paint can, spraying it all over a poster, making a design.

Once finished, she tossed the can on the floor and looked back at me. "So how you like it?" She asked as she lifted her mask.

"I can barely breathe. This isn't for me." I told her honestly as she led me out of the room where the rest of the clubs students were spray painting.

"Sorry (y/n) but if this isn't for you, I don't know what to tell you." She frowned as I took off the mask, hading it to her.

"I'll go talk to Yumemi." I told her.

"Oh no. Do not join that crazy bitches club!" She said shocked at what I'd just said.

"Midari Id rather be in her club then get put in a random one by the council president!" I whined as she shook her head.

"Fine. But don't say I didn't warn you." She said as I thanked her, walking away. She put the mask back on before grabbing onto another spray painting can.

It was after school so I didn't have to worry about skipping class like midari did. I walked to the stage room, where Yumemi would preform, so I guessed she was there.

I opened the doors slightly, squeezing just my face through the door so I could see if she was in there. She was.

I walked up the stage, noticing she was dressed up, with a microphone in hand. She was singing with music playing in the back. For the few seconds I heard her voice, I noticed she sounds really good. I've never heard her sing.

She spotted my eyes as she stopped singing, and motioned for someone else to cut the music.

"(Y/n)!" She fake smiled. Again. "I'm so glad you're here."

No you aren't. I didn't want to tell her I knew she either hated being at school, being around people, or being around me. She definitely has something against something.

"Hi Yumemi." I smiled back.

"I wanted to know if I could join your club." I looked around the auditorium to see a bunch of rows of seats. Yumemi must have a whole fandom to put in this place.

"Of course (y/n)!" She grabbed onto my hand, dragging me into the back room with her.

Standing in the room was another girl. With glasses.

"This is my assistant. She'll be staying here until February, when she finishes all of her courses. she is 18, one year older then the grade 12's. By then, you'll take over her position." She looked at me.

I'm not good with managing things, especially a person. I don't want Yumemi expecting highly of me. Plus, I can't compare. I'm a grade 11 student while her assistant is two years older than me.

"Or, If you would like, you can become my partner. We'll both be idols. You have the face." She smiled as she put up the peace sign.

I dont know if I have the face. But she's an idol so if she says I do I'm not gonna say no. The only problem is that looks don't sell it all. I'm a pretty average person. I can be a bitch when I want to be but I can also be nice, I guess. Why would she want me of all people to be her partner?

"Thank you." Is all I managed to say before she took me into a closet, full of large sparkly dresses. For a closet, it was huge. I scanned my eyes through the bright clothes. I'm more of a black grey white and a hint of another colour type person. Not funky bright blues and pinks.

"Okay so now that you're my partner I'll need to get your measurements so I know what size of clothes you need!" She cheered.

I didn't understand with where the whole assistant idea went. I would totally be fine with doing her paper work and organizing. But the second I thanked her for telling me I was partner worthy of whatever, she pulls me into this dressing room.

"Yumemi are you sure about this?" I asked as she stopped jumping around in excitement.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I don't know if I'm suited to be your partner. Is what I'm saying. I have no idea what it's like being an idol." I told her, knowing she has much more experience.

"I don't mind showing you. Being an idol has many ups and downs." She said as she looked me in the eyes.

I stared into her pretty blue eyes as she seemed kind of sad I was doubting myself.

"I'll be your partner once as a test run, okay?" I asked.

"Oh yes of course! I'll have to teach you how to dance and sing though. Plus you have to be a good gambler. Midari tells me you're a natural, so I want you with me." She winked at me.

"I'm not that good at dancing, but I can catch on quickly. I can't sing but I can lip sync with you." I smiled, thinking this might actually end up being quite fun.

"That'll be great. I'll give you more details tomorrow. Me and my group meet after class every day for 30 minutes to an hour. You up for that?" She asked to which I nodded.

"Yeah that won't be a problem." I thanked her.

"I'll get your sizes. I'll get the design club to come up with some outfits for you." She held my shoulder with a hand before letting it go. "See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow". I said back as I felt my shoulder, where her hand had been.

I went home by myself today. I would usually take the same bus as midari home, but she was still working on a poster for the school. So, I sat on the bus alone, in the back. I watched plenty of people walk on at one stop, and get off at the next.

I got off at my stop and walked the rest of the distance home.

After dinner I received a message from midari.

'How was first club meeting with the wackjob?'

'She wants me to be her partner idol. I'm not fit out for that shit' I responded. I didn't tell Yumemi, but I knew being an idol wasn't easy, and she shouldn't just drag me into it. But it could be fun, so I should at least give it a shot.

'If it doesn't work you can always come back to me. I gotta go get fucking dinner ready cuz my shitty mother is gonna be home late, talk later.'

'Bye' I responded, knowing she probably wouldn't receive my message considering she was getting food ready.

Midari constantly told me how much she hates cooking and cleaning, and the last thing I want to see is her in a bad mood.

I left it as that and went to bed.

Tomorrow, I planned on going to watch Yumeko gamble with someone, not sure who but I know Yumeko is a good gambler. Her name is known around the school, and I'm not surprised if she was close with the student council president.