13

Watching Ryota break down like that was heart breaking. I laid in my bed thinking about our interaction. Ryota had never cried before, seeing him so vulnerable was terrible.

I wanted nothing more than to be at his side.

'Hey'

I looked at the message, from midari.

'Can you go the fuck to bed? It's 12am' I texted.

'Nah. What happened with Ryota huh?' She asked to which I shook my head out of instinct.

'He came over my house to talk.' Is all I said before she instantly responded.

'By talk, do you mean getting ur back blown by that dork?' She asked.

'FUCK NO' I responded at the girls stupid accusation.

'Yeah yeah chill. You better not leave me for him' she reminded me.

'God I wish I could leave your ass' I teased.

'Yeah I'll be right back because you aren't going no where' she joined in. I laughed a little, before looking around my room, remembering it was midnight and everyone was probably already asleep.

'I'm gonna get some rest. Good night' I said before waiting for her final response so I could shut off my phone and fall asleep.

'Dream about me,' is all she had said before I rolled my eyes and shut off my phone.

________

"Hey (y/n)!" I heard yumemis voice call out to me. I didnt know where I was. It looked like school, but it was dark and sketchy looking.

"Yumemi where are you?" I asked to which I felt a tap on my back.

I flung around, expecting to see Yumemi, but no one was there.

Was I feeling things?

"(Y/n) come here!" I heard the girl scream.

I didn't know where she was, but her scream definitely pointed out the fact that she was in trouble.

I ran towards her voice as she continued to scream. I couldn't make out the words she was saying other than my name and shit she was mumbling.

I turned a corner of the school to see Yumemi on the ground holding onto someone.

I quickly ran to her, kneeling down beside her to see what was wrong.

What I saw was absolutely horrific. Ryotas limbless body splattered across the floor like a painting.

"(Y/n), what the fuck happened?" She asked as she tried stopping the blood spewing out of his chest.

"What the fuck happened!" I screamed as I put my hand on the hole in his chest.

"Ryota!" I yelled as I pressed my ear to his bloody chest to hear his heartbeat. There wasn't one.

"No no no way." I said as I started preforming cpr on his chest. I didn't know if I was doing it right, but I didn't care. If there was a chance I'm doing it.

After what felt like a year of pumping his chest, there was no sign of life in him whatsoever.

I looked back to Yumemi who was scrunched into a ball form. She was trying her best not to cry.

"Yumemi" I whispered as she began to sniffle louder once I called her.

"Yumemi." I teared up myself, throwing my body onto hers to give her a hug.

"Why." Is all she said before tightly grabbing my back in the hug, hands shaking, and tears falling on my shoulders.

I didn't want to look at the boys body. It was terrifying just thinking about how his lifeless body was right behind us as we hugged.