10

Tonight was the night. The day is be on stage with Yumemi.

I was ready for the moment. The moment the bright stage lights lit my eyes and the moment Yumemi and I do our dance. I was ready for it all.

So why am I shaking?

I sat in my normal class, fiddling with my thumbs, staying quiet.

Ryota gently held onto my shoulder to comfort me. He could tell I was nervous.

I let the time pass with Ryotas gentle hand on my shoulder.

Yumeko and Mary could tell I was a little stressed as well, but didn't know what to do other then let Ryota comfort me.

They reminded me plenty of times I'd do just fine, well, Yumeko did. Mary just nodded her head at the encouraging words Yumeko was giving me.

Class had ended and it was time to go to meet Yumemi.

"Good luck." Ryota leant in to whisper in my ear.

I shot back when I heard his quiet voice so close to my ear.

"Oh, sorry." He said, apologizing for surprising me.

"It's fine. It's fine. And thank you." I said with a nervous chuckle.

The bell rang as I shot up and grabbed onto my bag and looked towards the three of them.

"See you tonight." I smiled as I got up and practically ran out of the door.

"She's a nervous wreck." Ryota gently smiled as he watched me run out of class and towards the auditorium.

"Mhm." Mary said as she grabbed her own bag and got up from her seat.

I quickly ran towards the auditorium where Yumemi and her team would be waiting

Yumemi has her whole team to help her. Yesterday, she told me her makeup team would fix us up.

I walked into the room she had told me to meet her at and I saw her sitting on a chair, in front of a mirror.

She saw me through the reflection of the mirror as she turned quickly, looking into my eyes.

"Hi (y/n)!" She smiled as she got up from her seat.

"Hey." I responded back as she came close to me.

"I wanted to take you to dinner before the performance. Never wanna be on stage with an empty stomach." She smiled as she went back to where she was sitting, grabbing her purse and walking towards the door to the room.

"Yeah dinner would be lovely. I would hate to faint on stage because of not eating." I joked as she held the door open for me.

"Thank you." I said as I walked out of the room, with her following beside me.

"Would you like to wait a little or eat now? It might be a little early for you." She said as we walked down the halls towards the school's main doors.

"It's 3:30pm. I say let's wait another hour." I smiled knowing dinner this early would only make me feel like I'm starving later on.

The next hour was spent just talking, honestly. Yumemi had gotten my phone number and contacts so she could send me shit on social media we both laugh at.

An hour and a half already passed and Yumemi suggested the both of us should go get quick dinner.

She told me she had a place in mind, I expected some quick takeout or fast food, but was surprised to look up to see a steakhouse.