19

"Good morning Yumemi." I smiled, kissing the girl on the cheek.

"So ready this early in the morning? I'm proud." She smiled as I grabbed onto her hand.

"Yeah well I've been having to wake up earlier to come here." I reminded her as she locked the door behind her, now walking hand in hand to school.

"Yumemi, do you think our relationship will ruin our idol careers?" I asked as the girl shook her head

"Why would you think that?" She asked as I sighed.

"I mean, we're both girls, and most of your fans are straight men, Y'know?" I told her as she looked at me.

"First off, they're OUR fans, and second, are you implying that they wouldn't approve of our relationship?" She asked as I shook my head.

"Yumemi, I know how lgbtq couples are treated. And I don't want others to hate us for loving each other." I told her as she stopped walking, turning her face to mine before gently holding onto my cheeks.

"Who cares what other people think? Fans aren't fans if they don't accept you. I accept you. That's what matters." She told me as I nodded, gently pecking her against the lips before grabbing back onto her hand, continuing to walk to school.

I was right. There were people that didn't accept me. People that looked at me weirdly in the hallways, and others that congratulated me for my relationship.

Most importantly, my friends accepted me. And I was happy.

~

"Would you like to have a sleepover?" Yumemi asked as I looked at her.

"Yes! Oh Yumemi yes!" I cheered as I grabbed onto my phone texting my mom.

"No not today!" She said as I put my phone down.

"This weekend silly. You're always so eager." She giggled as I laughed at my forwardness.

It's been a month now, officially dating Yumemi. And her asking me if I wanted to have a sleepover probably made me a little too excited. But I still said yes of course, waiting for the weekend to roll around so I can finally spend a night with my girlfriend.

Ah every day felt like a challenge. I mean I keep looking at the clock and checking the dates and even counting down the time left until I can be with Yumemi.

As far as my mother knows, she's just a friend, but to me, I know that this is a big deal. I'd be able to hold her while I sleep. I'll be able to be in her room with her and fall asleep with her. I'll be able to see her with messy hair in the morning.

Ah I was just so excited.

It was Friday and I already had everything packed, shoving my favourite clothes and things into my bag.

I held my hand with the ring next to my heart with a smile.

I walked to school with Yumemi, talking, full of energy as I kissed the girl before we separated to go to our classes.

I've noticed how bright I've been since I started dating Yumemi. I used to be more like the "whatever" type of person but now I'm so unbelievably full of happiness and excitement, all the time. It's like Yumemi has changed me.

And I like the person I've become.

Its already the second half of the year and i knew summer break wasn't that far away.

I didn't want this year to end. But at the same time, the summer gave me and Yumemi more opportunities to hang out.

"You ready?" Yumemi asked me as I looked at the door to my class.

"Yumemi!" I smiled as I got out of my desk to hug her.

Class was over in one minute so my teacher really didn't care I left instantly with Yumemi.

"Alright, look." She said as she pulled me into the theatre, bringing me backstage and her showing me a pack of fake nails.

"I know pink isn't your colour, and I knew getting you pink only because I liked it was selfish. So, do you like?" She asked as I looked at the nails, seeing a dark blue with a silver jewel in the middle closer to the finger.

"Yumemi I love them!" I smiled as she held the pack out so I could hold onto them.

"I customized them just for you." She giggled as my heart raced at her action. I mean, Yumemi has the cutest giggle and she bought me these!

"Yumemi, really. Thank you." I smiled as I tried to open the pack of nails before she stopped me.

"We'll do our nails together at the sleepover." She smiled as I nodded.

"Sounds good." I smiled, keeping the pack closed as she took it, putting it in her bag.

"Tomorrow, bring everything you need. The usual, change of clothes and toiletries." She smiled as I nodded.

"Ah I can't wait." I held onto her hands before kissing her cheek, once again thanking her for the cute nails she got me.

"You want me to walk you home?" She asked as i nodded.

"Id love that." I smiled as we held hands, walking out of the theatre, walking out of the school and into the warm weather.

"Springs here." Yumemi smiled as I nodded.

"Ah I can't wait for summer, no school and just relaxing in the sun." I smiled as she nodded.

"I have a pool, not sure if you knew. But during the summer you're welcome over all the time." She smiled as I nodded.

"I'll bring my water guns." I giggled as she nodded in excitement, me only imagining the fun we'd have together this summer.

"Okay okay, no more thinking about this summer." She giggled as I smiled at her precious laugh. "Time to wait for tomorrow." She smiled as I walked with her back home.

"Thank you for walking me home." I hugged her as she pulled away with a red face.

"See you tomorrow." She waved before leaving, me going into my house and packing instantly. Man, I can't wait until tomorrow.