28

I held onto flyers as I walked around the halls, trying to locate the grade 9 classes, and their hangout points.

I didn't want to interrupt their classes, but I'm sure some will leave class to take a walk, go to another class or something like that.

And just like that, a girl walked out of her class and was heading to the bathroom, which was passed me.

"Excuse me!" I greeted as I handed her the flyer.

She looked at me in caution as I was much more mature looking.

"I'm a performer here. I'm a senior as well. We're having a performance for girls only. Please check it out!" I smiled as she looked down at the paper, then back up to me.

"Thank you!" Her cute voice sent a tingle down my spine. I forgot younger girls haven't had their voices dropped yet. So cute.

I handed more out, each girl seeming very self kept. I even tried to joke and laugh with them so they knew I wasn't some "adult threat" or something. I'm just 3 years older than them. Before they even know it, they'll be in my position.

During their lunch, Yumemi and I decided to go to the grade 9's together to introduce us and our club. Having some freshmen girls interested in being stage helpers would be wonderful.

Plus, being together would make me much less uncomfortable when talking about what we do together as idols. Yumemi was much more of a people person, but when she was their age she definitely wore that mask she no longer has.

The freshmen's were also new to gambling. Yumemi kept joking to me about ripping some of them off by challenging them, but I told her that's childish and Yumemi admitted it was.

Okay so tomorrow night was the night we'd do the idol meet and greet for the girls only. It was definitely something I was worried about, we've never done an all girls thing ever before, so the last thing we wanted was for it all to be a flunk.

Yumemi got the both of us really pretty outfits she had wanted to wear last year but didn't get the chance.

She put fake nails on me and showed me our makeup looks for tomorrow before I went home.

Tonight I went home without Yumemi. It was the first time in a while I went home without her. She stayed back to work on cleaning the stage with the choreographer. I did feel jealous leaving Yumemi alone with another girl to help her with cleaning, but I trusted Yumemi, and I know she'll be fine. Though, it was a little lonely walking home without her.

-

The lights dimmed as it was our time to shine. Yumemi and I gave each other thumbs up to remind each other we'd be fine.

And then, the music gave us our que and we jumped onto the stage with energy.

I payed attention to my choreography, but I was a little taken back looking at the audience. Girls, so many girls. We'd done it! The audience was packed I could barely see any empty seats. My dance moves became more energetic as I could hear Yumemis voice laugh in her microphone, messing up the lyrics to her song, but that's okay, her laugh was just as heavenly as her singing.

We ended up stopping as the song ended, the both of us ending in our back to back pose.

The girls in the crowd cheered endlessly as I caught my breath. Man, I keep forgetting how tiring these performances are.

"Hello everyone" I took the lead grabbing onto the microphone. Everyone quieted down instantly. I sighed, man, girls are so much better at listening.

"My name is (y/n)" I smiled as I handed Yumemi the mic.

"And my name is Yumemi." She smiled.

"We're idols. We work together to perform for others, like yourselves" I said as I scanned the crowd.