Chapter Four~*

1- Jeff

Before going out to kill, I decide stop at a bar. Not to drink more; I was already drunk enough. But, despite not needing a drink, I did need a victim and bars were always full of easy kills. I choose a table towards the back where I can sit in peace and watch everyone go by. A few people catch my interest but they always end up leaving with a group of people.

I am so caught up in watching people and trying to find my next victim that I don't even notice when a girl plops down across from me until she clears her throat. I start and look at her. She's plain, with straight brown hair, brown eyes and a boring face. Nothing to get excited about. She smiles at me and I twitch a little in annoyance.

"So how about you smile at me and act friendly. Maybe even buy me a beer. Then we can chit chat a little before heading over to my place for some fun." She says, her smile turning to smirk.

I look around the bar. "You have no friends here?"

She follows my gaze. "They just left."

My lips slowly spread into a smile, though not because she told me to. I finally found my victim for tonight. The feeling rises up, calling hungrily for her blood. My hand moves to my hoodie pocket where I keep my knife.

"How about we forget everything else and head straight for your house?" I ask, the feeling crying out for my attention.

She smiles, thinking she won me over. "That could work too. My name is Angie by the way."

"Jeff," I respond and stand. "Let's get out of here."

Angie stands too. "I'll meet you outside. I have to talk to someone real quick. Just wait by the door."

"Okay," I say quickly, dismissing everything else in my drunken stupor.

She heads off to wherever she had to go and I head to the front door of the bar. Unlike at usual bars, no one stands outside with their buddies so its just me when someone me from behind and drags me to the back. I kick and try to get away from my attacker but my mind is still fuzzy from the drinks and while my hits are powerful, they don't seem to bother my attacker.

I move in my attackers arms and grab them by the shoulders, slamming them into the wall behind me. There's a burst of static in my head and my attacker lets out a soft sound of pain that sounds strangely feminine. They loosen their grip on me a little and I pull out of their arms before whipping out my knife and turning to face them. I stop when Madison looks up at me, glaring.

My drunken brain can’t process the sight. The strange static in my head doesn’t help. I clutch at my head with both hands in a stupid attempt to make the static go away.

“Fool!” Slender’s voice suddenly booms and it clicks in my head that’s he’s the cause of the static. “You went and got yourself drunk. What are you doing out here? Look at you, Jeff, you are too drunk to fight back against Madison.”

Madison turns her glare on him at his hidden insult. Even in the state that I’m in, I can tell something must be seriously wrong if they’re doing something together. I shake my head a little and lean against the wall.

“What’s wrong?” I ask, trying my best not to slur the words.

Madison pulls out her knife boredly and twirls it between her fingers. “You’re a fucking dumbass but I think we established that already. Jane is out tonight. She’s been popping up in the forest and using the trees to get around.”

My brain tries to find a reason why this should scare or worry me. “So? How do you know?” I challenge.

“I saw her.” Madison says coldly in response.