Chapter One~*

In case there's anyone who clicked on this wondering if this is the third part of the Dear My Sanity series, guess what? It is. Hope you all enjoy.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

1- Jamie

The mansion, once a sanctuary to me, is now a place I can never return. The reason for that is simple: it's not my home. It's kind of hard to feel at home when he has her there.

After my mother's funeral, I had hoped to go home to the mansion and sleep in bed with Jeff while I mourned her death. That was not the case. I came home to find her there. Madison is Jeff's cousin that he partnered with during the two years I was gone. I heard they had fallen in love. I remember hearing her name before, when I first got back, but at that time she was just another name with no face to go with. Not an actual person. Now, I know otherwise.

Seeing her there and realizing who she really was felt like a knife in the back because I had once trusted her. The girl she had been. When Madison and I first met, she went by Mikasa and I went by Kelly, both of us concealing our true identities from each other. But, the second we found out who each other really was, we practically went at each others throats.

I had lashed out at her with my sharp tongue while she preferred a more violent approach. Slender nearly killed her when she tried to charge me with her knife. After they had calmed us down, Slender yelled at Jeff but I didn't want to hear it. I left. I ran from my one safe haven and came back to my childhood home, where I've been staying for a few days. Jeff has tried to visit but Slender doesn't let him. Gold, LJ, Masky, Hoodie and a few others have been working hard to keep him and Madison away.

To tell the truth, if I wasn't pregnant, I probably would have challenged Madison. Not for Jeff's heart-if he even has one-but to protect my honor. I'm sure everyone at the mansion thinks I let Madison walk in and take Jeff but that is not true. He let her in and they can have each other. I'll have his child and raise them on my own in this world. I don't know how I'll be able to ignore the feeling when it calls but I will. For my child's sake if not my own.

A soft knocking on the window draws my attention. I stand and walk carefully to the balcony. There's another knock and I draw back the curtain to see Gold and Masky standing on the otherside. I smile at them and open the sliding doors.

"You know, there is such a thing as a front door. I already said I could make copies of the keys and give you guys a pair. It's not big deal." I go and sit back down on my bed.

They both laugh and walk in. Gold takes off his cap and tosses it on the dresser. Masky takes off his mask and jacket, throwing both on the bed before flopping down beside me. Gold leans against the wall beside the bed.

"So what brings you two here?"

Masky shrugs, "Just coming to check up on you and the child."

I lay my hand gently on my slightly swollen stomach. "Thanks. We're doing fine. It's kind of lonely but we'll live. I'm just worried. We're running out of food in the house and I don't have the money to buy more. I'll probably have to get a job while I can."

"No!" They both shout.

I raise my eyebrows.

"Jamie," Gold begins. "Remember, you're in a very delicate position. You're womb isn't very strong thanks to your dad. If you move around a lot and stress yourself too much you might lose the child. Let's just be glad you both are still doing fine after all that's happened."

"Yeah. Let's not press our luck. Slender can go rob a few banks for you." Masky says nonchalantly.

I laugh, "He robs banks? Is that how you guys are able to afford everything you have?"