Chapter Fourteen~*

1- Jamie

The day after Halloween. For the first time all week, the living room is empty of gaming pastas. Well, mostly. Gold and Lavender sit close to each other on the couch, her watching him intently instead of focusing on the movie they had on. I have the perfect vantage point from the kitchen but I longed to get closer. Seeing Gold with her caused a burning fire to start in my stomach, a feeling I still am not used to.

Ever since the day I told Lavender to talk with Gold, the two have been practically inseparable. On Halloween, Gold and I were supposed to watch scary movies but he stayed in the living room with the other gaming pastas and her. I am starting to wonder if I had done the right thing.

Gold turns his head and looks at Lavender. She smiles at him and curls up against him, laying her head on his shoulder. I turn from them, knowing that if I saw anymore I would probably do something stupid.

Despite that, it takes several minutes of motivational speech from myself to finally get up. When I leave the kitchen, I make sure I'm facing away from the living room and head quickly up the stairs to my room. I'm just about to open the door when it opens on it's own and Jeff walks out. I stop and stare at him, surprised. He looks tired and thinner than I remember.

"Jamie, hey. I was waiting for you. Can we talk?"

I cross my arms. "About what?"

He gestures to my room but I stand firm. "About what?" I ask again.

Jeff sighs. "It's about us. I know I've been gone for a really long time and I'm here to say that I'm sorry. But I'm going to have to keep leaving. There's someone I need to find."

"Let me guess, I'm not allowed to help but Madison will?"

He doesn't even hesitate to say, "Slender doesn't want you leaving the mansion and I need a partner." Then, he decides to be quiet.

I almost expect myself to be angry or jealous but in all honesty, I feel nothing. At least not towards Madison and Jeff. No, my anger is directed at Slender, the bastard who keeps me locked up in this hellhole.

"Okay." I say and start to brush past Jeff into my room.

He grabs my arm, stopping me. "Okay? You're not mad?"

"Jeff, I literally don't care. You two could go have wild sex and make some psychopath babies and I wouldn't care. But please don't, that would be horrible."

"Jamie, I'm not going to have sex with Madison."

"I would hope not, she is your cousin. But I'm just saying if you were to, I wouldn't care. Now, let me go."

He releases my arm and I go sit on my bed. Jeff turns to me but keeps the door wide open. "Okay. That was easy. I'm leaving tonight."

I raise my eyebrows. "Okay? Have fun."

"Can I get a kiss for good luck?"

I look at him, trying to see if he's serious. He is. I'm saved from answering though by Darcy.

She pops her head in behind him. "Did I hear something about wild sex?"

Jeff flinches and moves from her. "Darcy?"

We both ignore him. I roll my eyes and say, "Yeah, Jeff is being, well, Jeff."

She groans and pushes past him into my room and sits on my bed. "Oh, speaking of wild sex, Masky came by earlier when you were in the kitchen and said he wanted to talk to you."

"What now?" Jeff snaps from the door, anger crossing his features.

"I was wondering where he was. I'm guessing he was on a mission?"