Chapter Three~*

1- Jamie

For dinner, I decide to make pie with LJ. Not that he really helps me. Most of the time, he sits in the living room and watches me through the door. I offer to put on the tv for him but he can't seem to find an interesting channel. Watching me fail at making pie is more interesting to watch than Teen Titans Go apparently.

I'm honestly confused about him putting on Cartoon Network. When he turned on the tv and flipped to that station, I wanted to question him but decided not to. I didn't know him that well despite him beginning to appear more in my life. But, even though I don't really know him, it sure isn't stopping me from making him a pie after he asked me to.

"You know, you didn't have to." He says.

I look up at him, rubbing the back of my hand across my face to avoid getting flour in my hair. He's finally looking away from me and focusing on the tv.

"What was that?" I ask, raising my voice so he can hear me over Beast Boy and Raven.

"You don't have to make a pie. I was just joking and I didn't think you'd take me seriously. Plus," He stops suddenly. "Never mind."

I raise my eyebrows, leaning back against the counter. The smell of the flour was making me want to throw up. Pregnancy is supposed to be a beautiful thing but all I've been able to do is throw up, sleep and have cravings.

"Just say what you were going to say." I tell him, smiling to let him know I wasn't being rude.

He looks back at me. "I think you're making it wrong."

We stare at each other in silence for a few moments before I start laughing. It starts off slow but it builds up until I'm laughing so hard I have to hold onto the counter to keep standing.

"You know what, I think you're right." I put my hands to my forehead. "Oh, Zalgo, I've made a mess of the kitchen."

He laughs softly with me and I can tell he has no idea why I'm laughing. LJ then stands and walks into the kitchen. When he does, I realize how tall he is and how creepy he looks. I'm glad I'd never be his victim. He comes to stand beside me.

"But thank you for trying," he says awkwardly.

I nod. On the night after meeting Jeff, I had read his story. Both of them. The popular story where he was first introduced and his origin. Out of all of them, his had held my attention the most. I don't know why but something about him and what happened to him stayed with me. Maybe it's because his was so different. He doesn't kill because he wanted to or to get revenge on what had been done to him; he kills because he thought he was playing a game. I think that scares me the most.

"So, Jamie," he says, now looking like he felt extremely awkward. "I have a question." I nod to confirm that he can continue. "Are you sad about your mother's death?"

Inside me, something unplugs and it feels as if all my energy goes down the drain. LJ must notice this because he stands straighter, watching me carefully.

"Yes, I am." I say softly. "I miss her so much. I'm just trying not to let it get to me so I won't harm the baby." I place my hands gently on my small bump. "But, I would give almost anything to have her back. My mother meant the world to me."

My response confuses him. The whole time, LJ stays quiet, watching me intently. I know why he questioned so I don't bother asking why he wanted to know. Slender probably put him up to it.

"How can you be sad? It's just a game. Right? That's what this all is? Just a game."

I don't show the anger and sadness his words cause me. There's no way I'd be able to explain something like this to him. His state of mind and his ability to explain and understand things were mixed up because of his owner, back when he was a Laughing Jack-in-the-box. So, I chose an answer he'll understand.