Chapter Ten~*

1- Jamie

The trees are silent as I walk between them, a soft breeze stirring them and causing their branches to dance gently along with the wind. My cloak floats a little behind me, getting kicked up by the same breeze that is causing the trees to dance. The mask obscures my vision a little but it's too dark to really see anything anyways. I rely mostly on my hearing to guide me. Every snap of a branch or rustle of leaves receives a reaction from me, usually in the form of me getting into a fighting stance with my scythe held defensively in front of me. So far the noises have simply been forest noises but I'm sure that sooner or later it won't be.

I continue to walk through the forest, going deeper into the leafy foliage. At first I just wander aimlessly but, after sometime, I let the pull of the gateway trees lead me in their direction. The trees constantly move around and appear in different parts of the forest, making it so that only creepypasta's who were shot with Slender's magic or the older, more powerful creepypastas can find the entrance and exit from our forest to theirs. Slender had made them this way so that no humans can get in or, if one someone wandered in on their own, so they couldn't leave until we found them.

I lay my hand gently on the scarred bark, soaking in the sheer beauty of the twin trees. The trees show signs of what most would think was heavy abuse but I see the complete history of every creepypasta. Every mark has a story behind it and it's one that will probably never be able to be told in full. I run my hand over the cuts that are closer to me and walk around the trees, careful not to walk through them. The gashes in the bark vary in size and depth, some barely nicking the bark while others go an inch or two deep. Taking a deep breath, I close my eyes and lean my head against the trees. The wind causes the branches to stir once more and, for a second, it sounds almost as if someone were trying to whisper something to me. Leaves rustle in the woods behind me and I feel a quick second of panic.

If someone found me in the mask and cloak with the scythe, they would immediately know it was me. At this point, everyone knows Falin's scythe is now in my possession but they also know that I'm forbidden from leaving the Slender mansion. I don't want to think of what would happen if Slender or someone else caught me like this. It would ruin all my plans. Still leaning against the tree, I stand completely still, drawing in slow, quiet breaths of air. There's another rustle but it sounds more like leaves moving in the wind rather than someone-or something-causing them to rustle.

My heart slows down as I become more and more convinced it was just the leaves moving from the wind. It could also have been the forest messing with me. This is a forest belonging to creepypastas, after all. There is always a creepy, haunted feeling hanging in the air, one so real it could be felt in the same way one could touch a tree. It's nearly impossible to walk through these woods without feeling watched and it's equally possible that the reason for that is because you are being watched. Even after being at the mansion for as long as I have, I still haven't met all the creepypastas who live here. It's very possible that one I have yet to met is watching me where I can't see them.

Upon thinking this, my paranoia starts up again and I turn to look around at the forest. My heart is pounding in my ears as I scan the area around me. After seeing no one and realizing it was just the forest messing with me, I decide it's best if I move away from the gateway trees. This is too public of a place. Everyone knows where the trees are and anyone can walk through the trees at any moment. So, with that in mind, I start to walk off quietly from the trees, making sure to check the area around me.

It's as I'm walking when I hear the sound rustling leaves. At first, I mistake it for the wind moving them until I realize there is no wind. Then, suddenly, something white drops in front of me. Reacting by instinct, I dive behind a tree, looking around for whoever had dropped it.