Chapter Twenty Four~*

1- Jamie

I sit across from EJ, slowly eating my lunch of an apple and granola. He isn't eating anything and was simply sitting there quietly. His mask was off so I could see his eyes as they went from me to the training equipment around the room. When I finish, I stand and stretch a bit, feeling the cool air in the room hit my body. EJ's eyes flit to me and he stands.

"So what now?" I ask, throwing my waste away.

"We're done here." He says.

I look at him, a bit startled. "What? Done? We haven't even sparred today."

He shakes his head. "I said we're done. Your physical training is finished." EJ starts to leave, not even looking back as he says, "You should report to Slenderman."

I stand there, shocked. For some reason, I feel like I'll miss these quiet sessions where the only thing that mattered was getting myself into shape. But, now that I think about it, I am ready to go back with Slender. My body went from being unhealthily skinny back to lean and muscled. I was definitely still skinnier than when I first came back to the mansion, but that could all be gained back. With time.

Taking one last look around the room, I leave and head back towards the mansion. The cold air still bites painfully at my exposed skin as I run across the courtyard, covering my stomach with my arms. I should have learned by now that January's in the mansion will always be freezing.

When I get inside, I shake off the cold and look into the infirmary. Seeing it was empty, I continued into the rest of the house. The kitchen and living room were also empty of the tall creature, though not of other CP's. As a last ditch resort, I head up the stairs to the second floor where Slender's room is. It seemed pretty quiet on this level but that didn't mean much. The proxies and Slenderman aren't the loud type either way.

I cross to the other side of the floor, where Slender's room is. When I'm in front of his room, I knock loudly and wait. After a moment, a familiar connection is made and Slender urges me to come in before it goes quiet.

Taking that as permission, I open the door and step in. Not going to lie, it felt a bit weird being in his room with innocent intent. I'm careful to hide my thoughts as I remember those times I broke into his room in an attempt to harass Slender and get back at him for grounding me. Slender stands at the edge of his room, looking up at some of the pictures on the wall. Most of them seem to be written in a language I don't recognize, filled with harsh lines and jagged edges.

He doesn't look over at me as he opens his mind to me and I show him what happened with EJ. I've found it easier to show him memories to debrief him versus actually standing here and explaining it. Slender is quiet as he rifles through my memories. When he's done, he continues his silence.

I can't take it anymore. Breaking the silence, I say, "Well?"

Slender turns towards me. "EJ is satisfied with your physical condition. We could begin the next part of your training."

"But?" I ask, picking up on the less than definitive answer.

"But I do not wish to continue working with what is considered a half-breed creepypasta. You have only taken one shot of my magic. The charm is mostly ineffective on you and your control over the magic inside of you is weak. You have probably even forgot about it."

I look at Slender curiously. "Your magic influences other things inside of me?"

"That is what I believe," He says, his attention going back over the papers. "I have been reading notes and conducting experiments on my own and it would seem my magic can influence or even create other abilities in others. It is effect seems to be different on everyone. Like Jeff's strength and endurance. That is not something natural in humans."