Chapter Twenty~*

1- Jamie

The last day. December 31st. My fingers tap against the window sill in agitation. This is my first New Years' Eve actually in the house. Christmas proved uneventful, with most of the creepypastas either not caring, not knowing or not being around. I had planned on doing something with Gold but I couldn't find him anywhere. That problem could have easily been fixed by asking someone if they'd seen him but I just wasn't in the mood to be told he was probably off with Lavender.

My fingers tap harder. I don't need to try to guess why. At first, I was happy for the two but now I miss my best friends and resent the girl who took him from me. Anytime I see them, she's always hanging off of him. There have been a few times where Gold has seen me and tried to call me over but I'd leave without even going over.

I jump up from my chair by the window. Ever since I got up this morning, I've been filled with a sense of agitation or nerves. My whole body felt tense and nothing I did that day seemed enough to calm my nerves. It just felt like there was something missing or going on or that should be happening. I go to the closet, throwing open the door. Sitting around doing nothing isn't going to help this nervous energy I have. But exercise might.

For the first time since I first recieved it, the scythe feels awkward in my hands as I grab it and put on shoes, which just doesn't make sense. It's only been two weeks since the incident with Jane and I had it with me then. Maybe it's knowing that I won't just be carrying it around with me like I had been before. This will be my first time in a long time that I use it to fight.

Before leaving, I grab a light jacket. It's snowing outside, which would warrant a heavier jacket, but I'll be moving around too much and it'll get too hot. I take the stairs quickly, not wanting to be stopped by someone from what I have in mind. I'm not leaving the grounds so I should be fine but I will really hate it if Slender tries to tell me I can't train. So move fast and he hopefully won't find me. Thankfully, I'm able to make it outside with no problems and go around to the back of the house.

A loud barking startles me when I get to the center of the yard. I'm barely turning around when something jumps at me and easily takes me to the ground. My guard is up immediately and I'm already starting to push it off when a warm, coarse tongue scrapes along the side of my face repeatedly. Either my attacker is very strange or it's not an attacker at all. I lower my arms from my face.

"Kipper!" I shout, more surprised than anything. I'd completely forgotten about my dog. His tail wags frantically, causing his entire body to shake along with it. "How are you, boy? I'm so sorry for not visiting you. I feel horrible. You deserve a better owner."

He back up a bit, letting me sit up. When I'm in a proper sitting position, he gets in my lap and continues to lick at every body part he can reach. My fingers run through his thick fur and I'm just so happy that I don't even care about how wet it is or how wet I am now from the snow.

I keep petting him as I say, "I'm really sorry, boy. I got so caught up in myself that I forgot I have responsibilities to take care of." Pulling him closer, I bury my face in his fur. "I hope you can forgive me. I won't forget about you again."

With that, I stand up. Kipper moves back, looking up at me. Then, he's head turns down to look at something behind me and he shoots off, barking. I turn to follow his progress, only to see a white blur speed across the floor. The bunny hops off as fast as it can and dives into a hole situated between a tree's' roots, leaving Kipper to bark at nothing. A smile crosses my lips.

The backyard is empty. I look around once more to confirm this, then pull the scythe out of my boot. I'd never worn boots before but they were a much more convenient way of storing the scythe. Sure, it felt really weird and I had to get a pair with extra space. Not only that, but I have a string tied around my boots to make sure it doesn't accidentally slide or fall out. With Kipper still occupied with the tree, I press the button of the scythe without fear of accidentally hitting him.