Chapter Eleven~*

1- Jamie

After eating a quick dinner in the kitchen, I head up the stairs to the thirteenth floor. I go up the stairs quicker than usual, a little paranoid that I might run into the girl from earlier.When I was making myself dinner, I saw her walk through the door, greeted by Slender. I didn't get to see where she went after Slender led her away but I can only guess she either went to his room to talk or he lead her to her own room. As I'm walking up the last flight of stairs, I run a hand through my short hair, still not able to get used to how short it is now. If my mom could see what I had done to it, she would probably kill me. I smile a little at the thought.

The second I get to my door, I know something is wrong. I don't know what it is that tips me off, but I feel an uneasiness as I open the door, my hand already straying to my boot where I keep my scythe. Almost right away I notice the figure on my bed. I flick on the light and there she is, just like I knew she would be. The girl from earlier.

She lays back on my bed, getting comfortable. "Close the door. We need to talk."

I don't move. "How did you find me?" I ask, even though I have already guessed as to how she found me.

The girl gives a grin. "Every one of my senses are dramatically increased compared to a human's. I remembered your scent. I know you're the girl that slipped away from me."

I close the door, sighing in my head. Even though I don't want to be near her I know she won't leave me alone until we talk. At least this way I know she can't harm me.

"Funny," I say, reaching up and messing with my hair. "People have been mistaking me for a boy lately."

She shrugs. "Not my problem. My question is why were you in his room?"

I smile then, though it feels cold and empty of emotion. So she went to his room. "Why do you care?"

"He doesn't let people into his room uninvited. He didn't invite you. Though, I don't really care either way. But I know it was you. Just curious as to what you'd need in there."

My thoughts instantly jump to the picture and my letters that I left scattered around his room. "I have my reasons. Besides, I wasn't doing anything wrong."

The girl sprawls out on my mattress, much to my annoyance. "I know everything," I resist the urge to roll my eyes at that. She doesn't know anything. "However, I haven't told anyone. I'm focused on other things."

For a second, I panic. If she tells Slender I was in his room, he would be furious. I start thinking over the scenario, wondering how it would play out. Though, the more I think about it, the more I realize it's a problem that I could easily get out of. I could lie and say that I looked in to see if he was there and that's what she probably smelled. He wouldn't be able to look through my memories to see the truth and I know he wouldn't be able to look through her's properly. When the two of us were fighting earlier, I could smell the booze off of her. Slender doesn't admit it to anyone but I've been able to figure out that if someone is in a state where they can't think clearly, like drunk, high, or depressed, Slender can't reach their thoughts as well as he would be able to if they were clean.

It's why I can keep my thoughts hidden from him. The girl probably doesn't realize that since he's managed to keep it very well hidden from everyone else. The only reason I noticed it is because I realized he wasn't able to get into my thoughts as easily when I was in the dark stages of depression. It also makes sense as to explain why Slender couldn't tell Jeff was still alive; Jeff was drunk and Slender couldn't reach him as well as he could have if Jeff were sober.

I have to hold back a triumphant laugh as I say, "No one would believe you. I could smell the booze on you when we were fighting."

"Skinnyboy knows I operate with booze." Of course he does. No wonder he doesn't let her live here with us. She would be too unpredictable if she was constantly drunk. "He can trust my sense of smell. You say nobody would believe me but I've been in this game much longer than you."